Great pharmacists and technicians but lack of motivation due to limited pay for such volume of work

Current Employee - Cert Pharmacy Technician  in  Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Cert Pharmacy Technician in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great system
Flexible schedule
Great customers
Some opportunities

Cons

Huge volume of work for a little pay
System has flows which makes CVS employees look incompetent

Motivating employees to provide best customer skills by offering competitive pays and recognition.
While we are given appreciative tokens of oranges on New Years for our high SSS scores, our bills pile up and hours are cut. The system has flows in PCQ where it doesnt recognize comments made by previous techs about customer's preference of call and cant recognize new rxs for same meds (if called about more refills). Advice to management skills: recognize individuals that drive company's success and make hard choice of employing competitive technicians to benefit the company, instead of amateurs. With any knowledgeable tech who will provide quality service and make change in SSS scores a competitive salary should be offered.

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

A great first job, but a learning experience in a lot of wrong ways.

Current Employee - Photo Lab Technician  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Photo Lab Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours; convenient locations; no experience in retail or related fields needed to be interviewed or hired; they look to hire a very diverse staff of people in age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, etc.; good employee discount on merchandise

Cons

Poor salary; poor benefits; disorganized management; internal theft a huge issue at my particular location and was never really addressed in a way that punished those responsible (always punished or somehow greatly inconvenienced entire staff); huge disconnect between cashiers, those on the floor, those in pharmacy, and those in photo, so customers would get bounced around to various employees for help.

Don't promote people who are incompetent because you think it will improve retention. Even if you think folks are overqualified and might leave, give them the opportunity to grow in the position. They may leave, but they'll certainly quit if they're not stimulated.

Employees not valued, paid horribly, worked to the point of abuse

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Health benefits available, though every year the cost increases. Almost everyone I work with, like I, have had to down-grade the level of medical coverage we have -- paying more for coverage, but getting less coverage.

Cons

Employees treated like slaves--expected to work 10-12 hours, on weekends, no overtime, no comp days provided -- NADA. Pay is below average by industry standards and max 6% merit increase (annual raise) -- first 2 years at company there was a freeze on raises. Management is a JOKE -- young children have more management experience than the dolts at this company. CVS Caremark's M.O. is "let's use the 'bad economy' as an excuse to abuse, underpay and strip benefits from our employees" all the while making huge profits.

Start valuing your employees that make your company the success that it is on Wall Street. Bad morale is rampant here because management doesn't care one iota about employees. The saddest work environment and company culture I've ever worked at, and I've worked at some amazing companies. Is this why CVS Caremark is on the Fortune 50?

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!