It was a journey of thousands, led by a handful.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Irving, TX
Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at CVS Caremark full-time

Pros

Company gave a small discount to retail stores. Company offered basic benefit package. Work was challenging but within certain groups it could be rewarding.

Cons

Long hours, disconnected management, huge rift between retail and PBM employees and directions.

Integrate the company already and align business models.

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

Stay away

Current Employee - Project Analyst  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice co-workers
    The senior manager in our area recognizes when people are working lots of extra hours and shows appreciation.

Cons

-The recruiter gave me the worng information about both health benefits and paid time off. I had to fight for my health coverage and was told that I was going to be recieving 6 additional paid days off than I am actually entitled.
    -There is a complete lack of process and organization.
    -Most of my coworkers are logged in and working day and night. It is difficult for them to actually take their scheduled days off.
    -Managers in my particular area are unfamiliar with the work and ineffective.

Not a good place to work for an older worker.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Cashier in New Haven, CT

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for less than a year

Pros

The hours are decent and the customers are nice.

Cons

I am a worker who is over forty. The store I work in is staffed by kids. They seemed to dislike me as soon as they saw me. They are very condescending and like making me feel stupid. Also, the concept of the store is supposed to be all about customer service but they have cashiers stocking the store and running back and forth to the cash registers. Manning the registers and getting your customers served should be your first priority. I am always the number one cashier which I do not mind since I enjoy working with the customers. The kids come up to the registers with such a bad attitude when you call them for backup.

I think that the store in understaffed. I realize that stocking the store in important and that the people who are assigned to duties on the floor are under pressure to get their jobs accomplished. I think that there should be at least two primary cashiers assigned on every shift.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!