Pros and Cons for Part-time CVS Employees

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at CVS Caremark

Pros

I enjoy working with the public and like working at CVS. CVS matches money put into and retirement IRA

Cons

I like working AT CVS, not FOR CVS. CVS does match your contributions to an IRA. But, for the most part, part-time employees get few benefits from this company. I was really excited when I saw a posting for scholarships for CVS employees's children - until I looked closer and it was only for full-time employees. We get no paid vacation and our employee discount is not good. I worked for Osco before CVS bought us out and we accrued vacation hours and receive a very good employee discount. CVS is just making more money off of it's employees instead of giving them a break.

Please treat your part-time employees better - especially the ones who are loyal and have stayed with the company.

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

The leader in health care services

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Wilkes Barre, PA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Wilkes Barre, PA

I have been working at CVS Caremark

Pros

A company with opportunities for growth any locations to choose from

Cons

needs better communication between management and staff

continue to be progressive and pay close attention to the mail order business

Good job with the right management.

Current Employee - Photo Lab Technician  in  Ypsilanti, MI
    Current Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Ypsilanti, MI

I have been working at CVS Caremark

Pros

One of the things that I like most is the schedule flexibility. Whenever I needed time off, it was always given. Not sure if this is how it is at other stores but my stores management was great. The job is easy to learn and you get to deal with some fun people at times. Co-workers are great to work with; I've never been in an argument with one, been there just over a year.

Cons

The main thing that I do not like the job is the pay. Starting was 7.50 and after a year was only increased by 2% (7.65). Talked to the manager about it and apparently the .15 increase was a big deal to the people in charge. I will just say that dealing with the public is not always easy lol.

If this is talking about store management, I would give my store a 5/5.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!