Easy, fun and full of possibilities

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B  in  Macomb, MI
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macomb, MI

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very easy to learn, good training system, opportunities for growth, always new challenges to face and learn from. It's easy to transition to a leadership role quickly.

Cons

The pay isn't outstanding, neither are the raises. Must be open to working any/all holidays, nights and weekends. People with seniority usually get the better, more sought after hours. Not enough hours given to high volume stores which makes it hard to get work done and also provide good customer service.

We need more hours to operate and function properly. Sales are supposed to be used as a model for building hours for each store, yet the hours given to stores do not reflect that model in any way. Our store barely functions on 220 hours per week, wheras a store making half of our sales gets 218 hours to work with. We can barely get our daily work done, not including planograms, checking in vendors, and setting seasonal. It's almost impossible to get any work done on time with the little hours we are given to work with. We are only able to have one cashier and one manager on duty per shift. For a busy store, that makes it very hard and at times impossible for the manager to get all of the floor work/office work done when they are constantly being called up to ring. The customers are also affected by this. We cant give them the attention they deserve because were scrambling to get everything done. If we get an SOS visit (corporate, 'Stores Own Sales'), and they wonder why our SSS score is so low, this is why.

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

Great stable company to work with many career opportunities

Current Employee - Lead Applications Architect  in  Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Lead Applications Architect in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Been with CVS/Carmemark over 10 years it has been a great experience. Over those years been promoted 4 times. People here genuinely care about one another. Like any job there are hectic times, politics, and budgets to deal with. Overall though being with a company that has grown so much in the past 10 years and having the opportunity to move around and grow my career has been well worth it.

Cons

As a large company there is a lot of bureaucracy so getting this done takes quite a while. The salaries have historically been on the low end but their is an effort underwhy to rectify this situation. If you are looking to go back to school or get an advanced degree at night tuition reimbursement here is abysmal.

Need to improve professional development as a whole, is seriously lacking compared to our competitors.

5 years experience in customer service, web support and prior authorization clinical rep

Current Employee - Prior Authoriation Clinical Representative  in  Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Prior Authoriation Clinical Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CVS Caremark has outstanding supervisors and managers. The employees are respectful and supportive of each other, and the company treats its employees fairly. I feel valued as an employee and there is lots of room for advancement. The benefits are also good.

Cons

A downside is there is quite a difference in pay for a pharmacy technician at retail versus the PBM side.

With a company this large, it should be fairly easy for the employees to transfer from the retail side to the PBM side and vice versa. Although, with the significant drop in salary from the PBM side to the retail side, it doesn't make sense to do that. However, a situation may arise in an employee's life where he/she might have to move to another city, state, etc. and it would be so nice to be able to request a transfer without taking a significant drop in pay.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!