If it wasn't for my coworkers, this would be a horrible job.

Current Employee - Photo Technician  in  Montvale, NJ
Current Employee - Photo Technician in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people in my store are awesome. Flexible, accommodating scheduling.

Cons

The pay. If they increase the starting wage of new hires, they won't bump up the existing workers by the same amount. I have been working at cvs, more on than off, for the last 4 years. In that time, between a couple yearly raises and my photo raise, I went from making 7.75 to 8.50. My brother got hired a few months ago at 8.25. That is just unfair.

This time of the year, January, is the worst for hours. They cut back hours so much in our store that there were only 2 or 3 people, plus a manager, in the store during the day in a high volume store. This past week we have not been able to get anything done and the store looks horrible.

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

Wonderful Experience Overall

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at CVS Caremark part-time for more than a year

Pros

CVS is an extremely organized and thorough company. Obviously the pay depends on the job you do but they start above minimum wage and there is much opportunity to advance. If you are full time the benefits are very nice!

Cons

The clientele of CVS can be somewhat uppity so there is an expectation that you know how to cater to such people and they hold you to it. Not really a con, but a notice to those who are considering working there. CVS takes care of its employees but the employee must take care of the customer.

I hope you remain thorough and organized!

Very High Expectations for Very Little Money

Current Employee - Clerk  in  Newington, NH
    Current Employee - Clerk in Newington, NH

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are desperate for a job and need something quick by all means apply.

Cons

You are expected to provide Ritz Carlton service while being treated like a slob.

You get what you pay for and you have not fairly compensated me for the excellent work and service I have done for you. Provide decent pay and hours to your employees or be up front with them upon hiring them and tell them that they are only going to get $8.00/hour and maybe 19 hours a week if they are lucky.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!