CVS Caremark

www.cvscaremark.com

Fairly typical large employer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fairfield, CT

ProsOverall, not a bad company to work for.
Corporate level; good, broad-based benefits, excellent employee website (although RX coverage has some surprising gaps). Aggressively encourages preventive care with rewards, uses different methods to get the word out.
My personal experience wIth managers has been OK to very good, especially in helping to find hours.

ConsStill, Local level is still where the issues live: get no or partial/inconsistent messages about changes and policy usage; part-timers get left out altogether. For ex,: I don't remember seeing anything "organized" about what to do in a crisis (this after Hurricane Sandy and. just around the corner from Sandy Hook).
Get very little feedback on your performance (sometimes even when customer provided good feedback by name).
*Must make sure paycheck reflects all hours worked, and in accordance with policy and labor law. Only mgr and spvr can see data for specific dates, ee does not receive hard copy confirmation of time punches. From time to time serious issues have arisen.
It's unintentional, but due to customer service pressures supervisors can forget to give legally mandated breaks.
EE discount is nice but Walmart is still usually cheaper.

Advice to Senior ManagementGiven Obamacare, HIPAA concerns, etc, I understand Corporate reluctance to drill down and hold district mgt accountable, but the wellness programs/bonuses are not being leveraged. The same is true of the thank-you program.
Since this is retail and most store ees are earning poverty level wages, these are missed opportunities on several levels.

Especially locally: they might not have home internet access but I haven't met anyone without a cell, so leverage this to get messages out.

When there's a sales competition, the poster says the winning store's employees get a coupon for a one-time 50% discount.. OK. It also says the store manager gets $1000... Suddenly, despite my best intentions, my motivation to play this game has taken a big dip. You might want to rethink how you communicate these prizes.

Worst job I've ever had.

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: My PIC is great, but he's fresh out of school so I give him another year before he turns bitter like the other pharmacists I've… Cons: Where can I even begin? The higher ups only care about NUMBERS instead of their employees or the customers. The PCI calls are a… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect, with higher pay and more tech hours. Stop worrying so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not enough hours to have a decent staff to get things done.

Shift Supervisor B (Current Employee) New Providence, NJ

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than a year

Pros: Getting paid time and a half on holidays. Good coworkers… Cons: Hour cuts each year...but amount of things to bed done… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!