CVS Caremark

www.cvscaremark.com

Good place to work, if they paid better

Project Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsFlexible schedule
Ability to telecommute
Autonomy
You are treated as a professional adult, not over micro-managed
My experience with senior management (with a few exceptions) is that they care about getting the job done correctly and will help as much as they can.

ConsDepartments are very siloed. It seems as though no department truly wants to help any other department, they are more interested in not putting anything else on their plate. So, what ends up happening is the group responsible for getting the job done doesn't do it and other groups have to pick up the slack and it causes errors and confusion.
No raises were given in 2009 even though one week later, Tom Ryan released a "record profit" email to all colleagues.
They used to give the employees perks that made up for the long hours and low pay. I see if becoming more "corporate" now and the perks are disappearing (not that a merit increase is a perk...).

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up the silos. Assess the areas that have gaps (i.e. there are certain roles that no one will define which group bears the responsibility) and have those areas define their roles. If there are gaps after that, make sure one area must take responsibility for the gap. I have seen clients out of compliance with federal law because no group would take "ownership" of the process.

they're cool

Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at CVS Caremark

Pros: Easy job with a helpful management group, relatively fair pay rates, good… Cons: CVS is a very difficult place to advance your career, they are hesitant… Advice to Senior Management: Give more room for growth, let me prove I can do… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

HR BU Needs to not all DM to Dismiss w/o Their Approval

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CVS Caremark

Pros: Good Pay Opportunity if you kissed the right persons ass Cons: Not enough help during holidays, DM fires if you disagree, without any… Advice to Senior Management: Investigate top level firings by DM's, be DM is a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!