No!!! You do not want to work here, trust me.

Former Employee - Picked and Then Moved to Stocking  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Picked and Then Moved to Stocking in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Blue cross health insurance, overtime time in a half, store discount, perfect attendance award if they pull your name, you can wear whatever you want which was very nice, they have gatherings like cookouts, bowling, golf and other fun things but be careful going to them.

Cons

You have a hard quota you need to hit if you don't hit it 100% of the time after your 60 days you have no job, no ill try harder or excuses your gone. The managers don't treat you very well and the company is like a high school it's all talk and ppl trying to act like a friend but turn around and screw you so don't fall for it do your job the way your trained and don't befriend people found that out the hard way. They want way to much for the workers they do have and even though it was nice having overtime it gets old fast and it's mandatory Saturdays or 10-12 hour shifts so if you don't do you won't have a job. It is a ware house it's gets hot and theres no air unless your in the pharmacy portion which it's hard to get there since it is meds. Good luck I'm sure there are worse jobs out there but for $9.00 to start at its just not worth it.

Oh, Don't get me started I was there almost 5 years stayed cause I didn't want to start over somewhere else and loved the health care and hours I never would've thought I would've lasted even that long the day I left I felt like a new person the bricks of stress wasn't there and I was happy again!

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

Rushed by stressed out pharmacists, constantly interrupted, understaffed, underpaid

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most co-workers genuinely care about their work and are friendly. Computer scanning system is accurate and fairly user-friendly.

Cons

CVS "skeleton schedule" leaves the pharmacy undermanned all day. No time to complete the behind-the-scenes tasks that are required because you are constantly helping customers and answering phones while being understaffed. Yet you are held accountable for those tasks. During rush hours, you are told to "multi-task" better, because you can't fill scripts at the same time as serving customer after customer in line. Training is brief and haphazard. Pharmacists tend to be irritable because of lack of breaks and too many demands at once, and they take it out on the techs. Pay scale is lower than competitors. Medical insurance and Rx insurance for full-time workers is costly and doesn't cover well. Most pharm techs are doing their time until they can bail for a better company.

Pay attention to the well-being of your employees and you will have higher morale and lower turnover of employees. Organize your work environment so that there are fewer interruptions for the production and drop-off techs instead of accusing them of not being able to "multi-task" well enough. Consider employing retail sales associates to man the pick-up station to free up the certified techs to safely fill the scripts.

Pharmacy Manager- Very Stressful Job

Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent Pay(although other chain pharmacies in the area pay more)I know i have applied and received offers

Cons

-Bad Hours(every other weekend mostly)
    -Change in Work location( could be as often as every 6 months)
    -Might or Might not get a 40 hour work week
    -Workload is crazy(Number of tasks that managers have to do and are responsible for is impossible)
    -Tech hours are very closely budgeted as with any other retail pharmacy,but with CVS there are a lot of targets to meet KPM,myCustomer,SOS.
    -Stuff has to be submitted to upper management on a weekly if not daily basis.

Stop cutting Tech hours.It is getting ridiculous nowadays.
    Too High expectations without much help from management.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!