Pharmacy Technician at CVS Caremark

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Miami, FL
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Miami, FL

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is not bad and if you need a transfer there is a CVS everywhere.

Cons

I really dislike my schedule

be more considerate of peoples schedule

Other Reviews for CVS Caremark

I am a pharmacy tech, and it is my job, not my career.

Current Employee - Lead Technician  in  North Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Technician in North Houston, TX

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Usually fairly busy so time passes quickly.
    -Employees develop a camaraderie with each other which leads to better team dynamic.
    -For the most part, if I find I have a minor issue, it can be resolved fairly quickly.

Cons

-The expectations that are put on us are at times unrealistic which sets us up to fail.
    -Entirely too much superfluous phone contact with patients. I have been told that it is all done in the name of helping our patients with medication therapy adherence, but it is really just to boost prescription sales.
    -While I am always willing to do my fair share of the work, I am also expected to clean up after most everyone else when they fall short or fail to follow through with their work. This is the normal expectation for a Lead Technician so I've been told. Instead of punishing those who fail consistently, they are rewarded by not having to clean up their own messes. I feel that this is an inadequate solution to a policy issue that should never have existed in the first place.
    -Instead of outright firing someone when they are not performing to standard, it is common practice to just stop giving them hours until they quit so that CVS does not have to pay unemployment. This is cowardly and unprofessional.
    -Literally every move I make is measured, judged, and recorded while I am on the clock. No matter what my past performance has been, if my performance in some area slips even slightly, I am coached on the matter and told that I need to improve in that area. Has anyone in this company ever heard of having an off day? I think not.
    -HR is a joke. I didn't get paid for the first 6 weeks I worked for the company. My store manager finally had to give my a paid out from one of the registers up front so that I could pay my rent. This company's HR department has managed to screw up every thing for me. I had to call 4 times just to get my key tag mailed to me, my insurance is screwed up every single year because their website doesn't record my responses correctly, and they have even screwed my tax withholding up for the past fiscal year.

My advice to management is to stop micromanaging everyone and place some trust in the employees you hired. There are so many metrics, performance measures, and scores to follow that I often have to choose between helping customers or looking at the multitude of reports and trying to digest all that information so that I can be "aware" of what my store is doing. Guess what? I am always going to choose the customer over anything else. So the next time you visit a store and the store manager or the PIC doesn't know every single score you think they ought to off the top of their heads, just remember that there is probably a good reason for that. And that good reason is serving the customers you place so much importance on. Also know that the amount of work you expect us to do is unreal when you think about the fact that we are also serving customers while we are trying to do your little side projects as well. As far as the phone calls you want us to make asking customers about their refills? Dump them. Customers don't like being called 4 and 5 days in a row just because you want us to try to sell them one of their prescriptions that they aren't out of yet. They get enough calls from us don't you think?

Somewhere to grow and expand your career

Current Employee - Test Analyst  in  Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Test Analyst in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always Innovative and expanding company

Cons

Communication with in groups can be improved

Transparency to employees can help team atmosphere

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!