CVS Caremark

www.cvscaremark.com

Demanding but can be rewarding. A solid company to work for.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Marlton, NJ

ProsGreat salary, benefits, bonus, stock discount, 401(k), and merchandise discount (20%, and 30% on store brand). Ability to train associates the way you want, control over merchandising, increasingly transparent communication between stores and corporate (President Mark Cosby is receptive to ideas), and ability to move up if you truly want it.

ConsAs in any retail job, you are going to work some nights, weekends, and holidays. There are long hours (45 minimum, but 60 or so, sometimes more, if you want to be successful). My biggest grievance is that they've cut payroll hours when sales have increased. Lots of red tape and paperwork that sometimes make it hard to get out on the floor and do your job. Store Manager is a jack-of-all-trades especially when a high-volume 24-hour store is frequently staffed with just 2 people per shift. The District Manager is also overloaded with tasks and can have difficulty communicating at times.

I don't dislike working for CVS. I dislike the workload/payroll balance that makes the job difficult for almost every SM I have ever known.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is doing an excellent job of keeping CVS profitable but we need to spend a little more money on payroll hours to combat a heavy workload. We could cut costs elsewhere (hire a Financial Efficiency Officer!) that would put more hours into stores while catering to investors.

Intense learning experience

Store Manager (Former Employee) Leesburg, VA

I worked at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Since CVS is such a large company, the benefits are decent if you are full time; training… Cons: In the past few years, resources at store level have been cut back so severely that it is impossible to give great customer service; a… Advice to Senior Management: If the differentiator between retail drug establishments is a higher level of customer service, cutting staff to bare bones, not offering full time to anyone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just OK

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at CVS Caremark full-time for less than a year

Pros: Always busy/ time goes by really fast Cons: Too much responsibility for not alot of money. Only $10.75/hr Advice to Senior Management: Lighten up No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CVS Caremark.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!