CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Great organization overall. Not much opportunity in SLC, Utah area due to location being closed.

Former Employee - Lead Application Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Lead Application Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Large organization that seeks to implement methodologies and technology to increase competitiveness.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth in the SLC, Utah area.

Don't let brilliant talent like me get away... Although I'm replaceable, I'm hard to replace. Now, some other organization is going to benefit from my technical leadership and ability to align IT initiatives to strategic goals and deliver!

3455 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Old Fashioned Behemoth

Former Employee - Corporate Professional, Not Retail in Woonsocket, RI
    Former Employee - Corporate Professional, Not Retail in Woonsocket, RI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very large company with decent benefits unless you get laid off.

Cons

Old fashioned "patriarchal" style of company. Communication is authoritarian and often threatening, with exclamation marks after stern warnings about deadlines or procedures. Benefits providers are constantly changing, to CVS Caremark's benefit, no doubt. Employee costs of benefits are always rising. Recently they restructured PTO benefits, and slashed them across the board, and eliminated anniversary milestone rewards. A couple of years ago, despite record profits, the meager annual pay increase was cancelled, because it "wouldn't be prudent" with the economy as it was. It wasn't cancelled for all, of course, the VP above my department included the word "most" when he informed our team. The performance review system is constantly changing, as well. Every year a new set of bureaucratic hoops to jump through to hopefully obtain a modest pay increase or bonus, which they appear to be trying very hard to avoid giving you. Always asking for more from the employee while giving less if at all possible. Raises and promotions seemed few and far between amongst my direct coworkers. My salary was low for the industry, according to many calculators.

Be less greedy. Treat employees with genuine respect.

They don't care about anything but the bottom line

Current Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Cops used to be a great company to work for. Now the only reason many long term managers are there is because the money is pretty good.

Cons

No home life balance, lack of ethics, every field manager is just watching their back...only care about themselves. No ability to manage on your own...you follow a guideline for everything in your store.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health