There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Waste of my professional time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

They do not fire poor performers at the Scottsdale location. There are many medical facilities, restaurants and shopping located near the Scottsdale location.

Cons

External benefits manager is incompetent - can not send the right information to insurance carriers. Human Resources does to help with getting anything benfits related corrected. High turnover in Internal Audit (Financial and IT). No opportunity for advancement. Reviews are poor. As salaried employees in this department, told to make up time used to see a doctor! Very limited opportunity for professional education in this department.

Advice to Management

Review causes for high turnover at Scottsdale location. Also, review performance of benefits manager. Why can HR not assist employees when their benefits are messed up by benefits manager?

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

Just OK

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chicago, IL

Pros

You get to know a lot of knowledgable Pharmacists who can offer plenty of guidance to anyone looking to get into the field. You feel a much better sense of community working in the Pharmacy as opposed to the front store.

Cons

Very very understaffed!! I know some Pharmacists at Dominick's who have tech support all day!! Some Pharmacists are lucky to get a tech for ten hours out of a 13 hour work day. One Pharmacist and one tech are expected to perform miracles in terms of customer satisfaction. It can be extremely overwhelming. Often at times I'm stuck at drop off and the Pharmacist is stuck at pick up or vice versa and nothing is getting filled and the phone is ringing off the hook. Definitely not enough support for the Pharmacist or the pharmacy team as whole and we're in charge of the public's medications!! I've heard a Pharmacist say they had to cut back on counseling and checking customers' blood pressure in order to operate the pharmacy at an acceptable level of performance due to a lack of available tech hours.

Advice to Management

Support your Pharmacists and make sure the stores are adequately staffed. And please stop micro managing. We're often tasked now with faxing the DMs daily pharmacy reports on patient phone calls and daily ordering.

2. Great for experience and learning, horrible for everything else.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, usually nice people to work with. If you use the materials available, there is a lot of things to learn and gain experience.

Cons

Very poor advancement structure. Workload is excessive, a lot of red tape too. No gratitude from the higher ups. I dont mind working, but when when you consistently work 70+ hours a week, its a bit excessive. For the assistant role, it was just moved to hourly, so that makes it a bit better for the ASM's, but now the SM's are picking up even more hours. It's just a bad structure for the employees. I think they just need to change the structure and treat their employees better. I hear corporate has a great structure, and has a great life/work balance. However, as a store manager it is impossible to switch over to corporate, even with a college degree, which MOST employees do not have.

Advice to Management

Honestly, show your people appreciation. There is a lot that can be done from some positive encouragement every once in a while.