There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

frustrating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

benefit of health insurance for part-time employment

Cons

managment noncommunicative -- no performance feedback

3233 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Working hard everyday and worrying about keeping your job!!!

Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Steady paycheck. Helping customers with their health needs.

Cons

Long hours, no payroll, everything is about numbers, CVS wants to improve the quality of human life, so I guess they do not consider the employees to be human !!!!

Maybe the weekly conf. calls would be about new or needed information rather than hearing how easy it is to replace people because their are a lot of people out there looking for work !

It was for 6 years, the most difficult, high-pressure, overworked scenario I never envisioned enduring.

Former Employee - Pharmacist In Charge in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Pharmacist In Charge in Austin, TX

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Salary was competitive and there is likely to be a store nearby to minimize commute times(the primary reason I chose to work at a CVS)

Cons

For the "Pharmacist In Charge" (PIC) there is a constant, unflagging high level of stress due to ever-increasing number of tasks piled on, rarely anything taken off the load. The sheer diversity of requirements "added on" to the PIC's responsibilities over my 6 years with CVS was truly amazing. The district manager had eyes only for his bonuses, to the detriment of everyone "beneath" him.

Start measuring the performance of management by assessing the level of stress, pain, satisfaction, etc. in the professional staff of each pharmacy. Higher management performs "field vists", telling the DM which stores will be visited such that complete primping is completed ahead of time, upper management never sees the real level of performance. They (corporate headquarters) live and die by the "SSS" 800 ph. number receipts and what customers review in them, but the DM is free to ignore them. If the DM cannot justify his own performance assessments of the pharmacists against the store's performance metrics, upper management should have a better way of assessing the performance of the DM. They can't even discover when the DM violates the rules.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health