Good first job.

Former Employee - CVS Photolab Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - CVS Photolab Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, reliable place to work.

Cons

Sometimes disorganized. Other employees are often do not care.

Advice to Management

Talk with your employees more to see about new ideas.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It pays the bills

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My paycheck hasn't bounced, my employees are great, good work environment at store level, benefits.

Cons

Your cashier needs change for a 100.00, a customer needs help at the photo kiosk, another customer wants in the fragrance case to smell the testers, pharmacy just paged you for something, the men's toilet is over-flowing, you have a phone call on line 1 and a vendor needs in the backroom (you have to stay back there with him) to work his product. Oh and there is a line of people behind the customer with the 100.00 bill wondering what the hell is taking so long. THIS HAPPENS ALL OF THE TIME. Anyway, As a company, CVS is not the same place it was when I started. EVERYTHING is micromanaged. Hiring a minimum wage cashier is a lengthy process, usually 2 weeks. And at CVS, being the king of payroll cuts, most managers can't wait 2 weeks to bring someone in because we don't have any people. Store Managers really aren't managers. We still get dirty in our business attire, unload trucks, move water, build, reset, stock, clean bathrooms, take out trash, vacuum, mop, change carpet tiles, move fixtures, complete planograms, hire and train, chase homeless people out of the dumpster, read numerous, redundant emails about the same thing from 18 different people. Oh and we also handle customer complaints, employee complaints, complaints from anyone who wants to complain (there are many). We attend ridiculous monthly meetings and pointless training classes (unpaid because we are salary , so because of hours, we typically schedule that days as our day off). We prepare for visits that never happen, or that happen early or late. We help other stores prepare for visits. We also do the more traditional management tasks. Analyze numerous reports, write action plans for SOS and SSS and anything else we need to 'improve' upon, complete IARs weekly, prepare for inventory, manage inventory, order, communicate with vendors, write schedules, train and develop people who shouldn't be trained and developed just to have someone to run the register. As a CVS store manager, there is NOTHING we don't do. The 'daily tasks' delegation and the 'cashier positioning tool' are so far removed from actual CVS land. My delegation list features my name by everything (there is no one else to delegate anything to) and the cashier positioning tool? I have one cashier everyday...its not that hard to position them.. With all that being said, CVS used to be a really great place to work. There were adequate hours to provide customers with the service they deserve and adequate hours to ensure breaks, lunches were always taken. We felt important to the company and valued by our superiors. Employees were actually treated like employees instead of slaves. We wanted to come to work, eager to voice our creativity and think of new ways to be better. Now, results on paper are more important than actual results. I feel like there is a big band aid on CVS to cover up all of the issues. It actually makes me sad. I used to talk about CVS and what a great company they were.

Advice to Management

Mr. Upper Management, I work hard everyday at CVS. I care about my employees, my customers, and my store. I will work hard at CVS until my employment ends. I am dedicated and I care. Not because of CVS or reports or anything you spend ridiculous amounts of money on. I care because that's who I am. Not because CVS is who it is. You are so far removed from the actual day to day tasks and what it takes not just to manage a store, but to manage a good store. All of you surveys and scorecards are full of arbitrary numbers that do not reflect the conditions in which we work, nor do they adequately depict the way stores are managed. When you continuously cut hours and payroll, the same amount of work cannot be completed and some aspect of the store suffers. Unfortunately, it is usually the customer service aspect. Eventually it will catch up with you and with CVS. I just hope I am not on this ship when it sinks.

It is a stressful job, without a lot of thanks from anyone.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Greenville, OH
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Greenville, OH

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have flexibility in my working hours. I have good benefits through the union.

Cons

No recognition for your work. No evaluations. Constant criticism from upper management to make triple S score numbers. No where to move up and advance into other positions in the company.

Advice to Management

Need to work on training technicians so they are top notch. New tech's come in after training and still don't know what they are doing. Work in the pharmacy for a day and see how thin the pharmacist is stretched, and how all of the calls we must make and other "busy" tasks we must do only hamper our ability to get our job done.