There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Scottsdale Caremark HQ is great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great team environment, very supportive managers, challenging work. The department I was in was the Industry relations and rebates department. All I can say is that the people are absolutely wonderful. The job is challenging, but everyone works as a team and helps you learn the ropes. Definitely the best place I have worked for so far.

Cons

Promotion can be hard to come by within the department as many people have been there a long time, but lots of room to move to other departments

Management is great, no complaints

3233 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

The Richardson location is not a great place to work.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Richardson, TX

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I cannot think of anything that I would consider a Pro expect maybe the casual dress code. That was nice to be able to wear jeans.

Cons

I must say that I have worked for over dozen large corporations and CVS Caremark is one of the worst. Not the absolute worst, but very close. It should also be noted that when you are discussing a large corporation, there will be departments that shine and others that are dysfunctional - all within the same building. So this is review is specific to the software development of RxClaim at the Richardson Texas Plano Road location. But the troubles with that department filter through to other departments such as quality assurance or production support.

The way software development is handled is a train wreck waiting to happen. For example, as a developer you will have deadlines to meet which you have estimated and planned very well. But on any day you might be given a 50-page technical document to review and approve which does not flow through your manager. If you take the time to honestly review these technical documents your own project is late. So you just rubber-stamp it and hope it is right. One day it will not be right. And management will not know until the major software release happens and makes a mess of millions of pharmacy claims. Then guess what... this cannot be recovered.

For the management I would you are shooting yourself in the foot by taking outsourcing to the extreme. The RxClaim system is very complex, and when those contractors move on to other projects so goes the knowledge. Not only is the knowledge gone - but those contractors don’t usually have a sense of ownership. Who will care a year from now if the program logic is sloppy. You need to develop SMEs who will be here for the long term. US citizens need to be more than 25% of each department.

Do Not Work Here... Ever!!

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bluffton, SC
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Bluffton, SC

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They're always desperate for help so even if you are a terrible tech, they won't fire you.

Cons

Where to start... low pay, stressful, no rewards for service, they will hire anyone so you may be working with unqualified people but they're probably being paid more than you, np opportunity to advance, no respect, stressful work environment, division of hours and shifts is unfair, basically I have nothing positive to say about this job or this company

Treat your employees better. if you want to hire and retain good employees, you should make it worth their while to stay instead of making them feel like the lowest, replaceable part of your chain.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health