There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

it"s good place to work at..

Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Metairie, LA
Current Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Metairie, LA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, nice management, good working environment

Cons

just that late night shift can be sooooo boring.....

Advice to Management

i need a raise....

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Dollar Store with a Pharmacy

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Loves Park, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Loves Park, IL

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ample Parking, I wonder why.

Cons

Inadequate counter space to fill prescriptions, inefficient software, shoddy merchandise (Have seen the same off-brands at Dollar Stores), uncomfortable floors. (Your feet and knees may hurt very much from standing and running) the company is very frugal. (I still don't have a proper name tag after 6+ months)

Advice to Management

Just visit one of your stores, there is never anyone at the front counter. There are too many obstacles between us and performing our work, the workflow needs to be stream lined and it seems pharmacists worry more about getting prescriptions verified by their promised times, and will waste more time/materials updating the promised time and doing more work, just so their progress reports will falsely show that they can get every single "promised time" prescription ready in under 15 minutes. The work flow does not work during "crunch times". Every retail pharmacy has at least an hour or two out of the day where they are absolutely slammed, but it is more stressful. It seems to me that almost every worker Ive come across is being worked to the bone, and it is never good enough.

2. It's alright

Current Employee - Cashier in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Cashier in West Chester, PA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers in my area are awesome! Most of the time I like them better than my co-workers. VERY flexible schedule It's a pretty simple job Other than that I really can't think of too much, maybe the 20% discount.

Cons

Well, how much time do you have? Because I can go on forever. The managers want the poor little cashiers to be like Superman and do everything! On a normal day, I have to work the photo section, take passport photos, put up price changes, rip signs, take down signs, stock the shelves, straighten up the asiles, vacuum the store, etc. Oh, and almost forgot, the job I'm actually paid minimum wage to do, ring up customers (although I don't mind that.) There's pretty much no help at all from management The managers know nothing. I asked one how to get photo certified and he tells me to ask the other manager, and so on... The benefits are non-existant repetitive, boring job don't work here unless you have to

Advice to Management

Stop acting like your job is so hard