There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Variety of career opportunities available overall

Current Employee - Product Manager in Northbrook, IL
Current Employee - Product Manager in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work/life balance, challenging, rewarding, work environment, minimal travel, pay/bonus, stock options. Our team is also focused on product innovation which is great for exploring and expanding new product ideas and opportunities. This lends well to keeping the work interesting!

Cons

Office based position with a longer commute time than I am accustomed to driving. Would like to have a 40-60% telecommuting option considered. Much of this role is email based with internal partners all over the country. There are few face-to-face meetings so telecommuting could be a considerable option.

Advice to Management

No complaints. Our leadership team is focused on moving the department and our roles forward, which is appreciated.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. They treated me well.

Former Employee - Lead Pharmacy Technician in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Lead Pharmacy Technician in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, vacation, 401K, paid sick days.

Cons

A lot of extra work keeps getting piled on with no extra pay.

Advice to Management

It seems like you must not really know/remember what it is actually like to work in a CVS at the store level, before piling on more and more work for your employees realize that the store level is so insanely busy most of the time that it leaves little time for anything else unless you want customer service to suffer. How the heck are you supposed to get all that done and still wait on customers?

2. Overall my CVS Pharmacy experience was FANTABULOUS!!

Former Employee - Photo Lab Supervisor in Ypsilanti, MI
    Former Employee - Photo Lab Supervisor in Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my store management and pharmacy staff.

Cons

As much as I loved working only 8 hours because your 30 minute lunch was included in the work hours, I would rather be there 8 1/2 hours so when I have 30 minutes for lunch/dinner I can stay in the back and eat/relax and not be required to go up front to help while on break.

Advice to Management

Stop changing local store management so often. Store 1758 has only been open for 5 1/2 years and how many store and assistant managers have rotated in and out of there?! At least 4 and could be on #5 now! Five people in five years...too much change too often. It is hard on employees with management always changing. I've personally experienced this.