There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS Pharmacy: Not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mount Dora, FL
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mount Dora, FL

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Almost all of the pharmacists and technicians I worked with were friendly and very competent, which makes any job infinitely nicer. Apparently the pay for full time technicians who have been with the company make a very decent salary for retail technicians. CVS paid for all of my training, and also offers technicians a free shot at taking the PTCB. Free flu shots. Managers were very friendly and worked around my school schedule. Opportunities to pick up extra hours at nearby stores.

Cons

If you aren't hired on as a full-time technician, you can't become one unless you work for 6 months straight at over 32 hours a week. Salary is initially very low ($7.85 an hour jumping up to $8.50 after my state licensure) Working at stores with less competent coworkers significantly increases amount of stress. Seemingly very little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Staff slower stores with new employees so that they can learn everything, not just production or pick-up. Rotate skilled employees out to busier stores. Pay your technicians better. I can start working in the Walmart deli cutting meat for almost $9 an hour, a job that requires significantly less training and responsibility.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. Pretty good

Current Employee - Store Clerk in East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Clerk in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fun work environment, managers listen to your opinions, flexible schedule, good place to develop work skills (good starting point for young people)

Cons

often understaffed, not enough pay considering the amount of work, may be given the duties of a certain position but not the title (and therefore not the pay)

Advice to Management

Advice for my own store management: Although young people are easily trainable and can be paid less, the fact that most employees at my store are young and cannot stay long-term or work mornings due to their school schedules makes for a high turnover rate. Perhaps hire more people who have finished their schooling and show more long-term potential. Advice for corporate: It would be nice if we could get new photo machines, because ours break all the time and then customers get upset if their photos aren't ready on time due to broken equipment. Also, it would be great to make employees' lives easier by updating the register system to have more product info searchable on our registers, such as sales on items in previous weeks. The ability to return an item and buy another in one transaction, rather than do the two separately and be forced to give a customer a money card only to use it immediately, would save time (and plastic) and overall be easier for both employee and customer.

2. CVS Caremark

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good team _ Excellent work environment. flexible hours and understanding management. There is also balance work load. you don't have to stay overtime often. It is very rare and the work load is very manageable. There are good systems in place, which eliminates mundane activities. CVS is a very profitable business with the current economic conditions it is a very safe company to work for.

Cons

Limited opportunities to move within comany unless willing to relocate