There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

It will build you up, then tear you down!

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Woodbury, CT
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Woodbury, CT

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome experience! I learned so much. Great way to learn customer services. Amazing first job. Love being able to help customers. Time goes by FAST (unless your by the register all day). Fun job. Great co-workers (sometimes drama but most of the time it's good people). Did I also say great experience? You'll learn a lot!

Cons

If your looking for pay, go somewhere else! By the way, corporate does NOT care about the employee! IF your store isn't meeting budget, your screwed! Even if you're doing everything you can. It was great until corporate cut hours. Now, we are ALWAYS short-handed. Employees abused hours when we had them, probably because regular employees are not stimulated, make
minimum wage, and do not have to take a drug test. So what did they do, the abused hours when we had them. Now we don't, and corporate abuses us. How can you serve around 300 to 500 customers a shift with only one or two cashiers, and a manager? How can you expect things to get
 done? Because FSI (Front Store Inventory): stocking and such, is now more important than customer services, CVS has become a miserable place to work at, and a shop at too! CVS stands for Customer Value Service. Is it good customer service to have folks waiting in line for over 5 minutes EVERY DAY because there are no hours? We also HAVE to promote the flu shot, and I always feel bad when folks come in telling us how they got really sick after getting it. And don't even let me start talking about the pharmacy. It is HORRIBLE. Let me explain: CVS does a good job caring a good selection of drugs, and a good selection of generic drugs too. But everyone is OVERWORKED and underpaid. There is no room for advancement. And customers always come in with problems because the customer service SUCKS. Since everyone is overworked, NOBODY cares about the customer. And it makes sales in the front store go down.

GIVE US MORE MANAGEMENT HOURS!!!! Good customer service comes from having a good crew, you need man-power. How can you run a store with no workers? One or two good workers is not enough to run an entire store, let alone a pharmacy. PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES. The amount of work a shift supervisor does for the pay we get is unfair. We OPEN AND CLOSE the store! We should get paid more. Some of us make under 10 dollars an hour. Invest in photo, because customers get upset about that. Pay more attention to external theft, not just internal. AND STOP ABUSING EMPLOYEES. The DMs and LP managers blame us for the silliest things, but do not help us get more hours for fix the problems. They make some of the employees cry, they are cruel! Be kind. It would go a long way.

reviews filtered by
  1. CVS Pharmacy: Not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mount Dora, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mount Dora, FL

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Almost all of the pharmacists and technicians I worked with were friendly and very competent, which makes any job infinitely nicer.

Apparently the pay for full time technicians who have been with the company make a very decent salary for retail technicians.

CVS paid for all of my training, and also offers technicians a free shot at taking the PTCB.

Free flu shots.

Managers were very friendly and worked around my school schedule.

Opportunities to pick up extra hours at nearby stores.

Cons

If you aren't hired on as a full-time technician, you can't become one unless you work for 6 months straight at over 32 hours a week.

Salary is initially very low ($7.85 an hour jumping up to $8.50 after my state licensure)

Working at stores with less competent coworkers significantly increases amount of stress.

Seemingly very little opportunity for advancement.

Staff slower stores with new employees so that they can learn everything, not just production or pick-up. Rotate skilled employees out to busier stores.

Pay your technicians better. I can start working in the Walmart deli cutting meat for almost $9 an hour, a job that requires significantly less training and responsibility.

2. Pretty good

Current Employee - Store Clerk in East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Store Clerk in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fun work environment, managers listen to your opinions, flexible schedule, good place to develop work skills (good starting point for young people)

Cons

often understaffed, not enough pay considering the amount of work, may be given the duties of a certain position but not the title (and therefore not the pay)

Advice for my own store management: Although young people are easily trainable and can be paid less, the fact that most employees at my store are young and cannot stay long-term or work mornings due to their school schedules makes for a high turnover rate. Perhaps hire more people who have finished their schooling and show more long-term potential.

Advice for corporate: It would be nice if we could get new photo machines, because ours break all the time and then customers get upset if their photos aren't ready on time due to broken equipment. Also, it would be great to make employees' lives easier by updating the register system to have more product info searchable on our registers, such as sales on items in previous weeks. The ability to return an item and buy another in one transaction, rather than do the two separately and be forced to give a customer a money card only to use it immediately, would save time (and plastic) and overall be easier for both employee and customer.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health