There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Taken advantage of. Like an abusive relationship.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like that there are a few long term employees like myself. We have the experience and the skills to run the store without a new manager popping in every few months. I hate the company, not my store

Cons

You want more sales? Stop inflating the budget every year. We consistently miss sales year after year. It's time to revise. Give us more hours and a competitive rate. I could be the best employee you have and you don't know it and don't care. I make half what these assistants make and I have more experience and am better at it! It's a punch in the face having an assistant who is demoted because they'll never be good enough to be a store manager make so much more than me. I'm so sick of begging for a reasonable rate, working my butt off with great results only to be told my raise is determined by a stupid little chart which was probably made by someone who has no idea what its like to be handed pennies every year for his hard work.

Advice to Management

See cons rant. I'm so mad I could scream.

Oh, and when an employee calls the ethics line about working all alone in a store with no power, no phones, no lights during a hurricane and the stores not even open, maybe you should take it seriously.

reviews filtered by
  1. For front store employees its tough, but it seems to be getting better

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

A good reason is that you work for a very strong company with a good reputation. The benefits arent too bad, and the retirement plan is better than average. Every day is a challenge for front store management which keeps you on your toes, and the days going by fast.

Cons

Stores run at very minimal hours. CVS seems to direct 90% of attention to the pharmacy. Front store systems are very outdated and in need of an update. Way too much red tape, and looking over your shoulder for front store management.

Advice to Management

CVS needs a clearer development plan for future leaders. Upper level management needs to understand the challenges front store management encounters everyday. a 'reality check' is needed for upper level management to know how the stores really operate.

2. Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment at CVS is fast-paced and customer-oriented. The focus is on providing the best service. CVS can really provide you a family at work.

Cons

The demand of working at CVS is only customer focused. For employees working in the pharmacy, you really aren't utilizing your full potential in the sense of patient care.