CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Pretty much as bad you might imagine

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Macon, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Macon, GA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, benefits were decent albeit raises should not be counted on

Cons

. Constant threats and harassment by the local DM. I got calls from other store mangers to "watch your back" Was sent to a store for the sole purpose of being written up so I could be terminated without unemployment. One honorable SM refused the DM'S request.. Once worked 9 straight 12hr days, no OT of course, add in 2.20min drive time each day

Listen to the SM and think "why are so many SM leaving ?" Maybe, just maybe there is a problem with your DM

3456 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

The view from the top of the building is spectacular, while the foundation that it sits on is deteriorating

Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Your customers and your team.

Cons

Hardly no family time (if you have children), no yearly increase if sales aren't met. Cashiers under paid for the amount of work that they are expected to do. There are no hours to give your cashiers. There are no hours to get your tasks done. Holidays, our hours used to be greater so that we could meet the demand of the customer, they no longer give that to us. The hours are the same pretty much throughout the year. SM's are given comp days during a holiday week, which, you are never really able to take. So you lose out on that. Weekly tasks that used to get done in a day now take a couple of days to do and DM's don't want to hear about the reasons why. CVS, a.k.a. Senior Management doesn't care about the customers anymore, nor their employees. All they care about is the $$ that they are able to get out of it. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Plus its amazing that this seems to be across the board with other retailers. You would think that if CVS wanted to BE something in the Competive market, that they would look at that and see all the negative comments, take a step back and realize that they COULD be something by correcting the ISSUES. Been with the company too long. They have dissapointed me where they have taken it. They don't seem to care that we struggle with the NO hours and still try to give our top notch customer service to our customers and wonder why tasks aren't getting done. Or the fact that if your Pharmacy is having trouble with hiring and can't find those great applicants, and you see the customers walk out the store because of the wait time being too long, or that the prescription still wasn't filled from earlier that morning and it's been 6hrs later. So you and your management team would go back there and help out for like 2-3 hours to try to help them, and your FS tasks fall behind and then your DM reprimands for not getting them done.
    I thought it was our customer who makes us who we are today. Without them, we are nothing. But when you cut back the hours and we don't have a cashier for a couple to a few hours during the day, and our customers have to ring a bell to get serviced, and we can't fill our shelves correctly or order correctly, or push correctly because there isn't anyone to really do it, how is it that our customer makes us who we are as a company.

Open your eyes and actually look at your Company. Your destroying it. Tom Ryan got out just in time. He was a GREAT CEO.. Also, with these BIG visits that you all do. You should come Unannounced.. WHY? BECAUSE I'm tired of having my RM telling his DM's to require ALL SM's to participate in helping these stores get CLEANED UP. To get them to where you think everything is running smoothly. THEYRE NOT.. I bet also that I will NEVER see Coporate do UNDERCOVER BOSS.. Because you're too afraid to know that what we say on here is the truth. Plus, you wouldn't make it through a couple of days, let alone a week. Then to do it for a month. YOU have NO idea. NONE. It all looks great on paper and conversations, but you never did it yourself to see if it could actually work.

Shift Supervisor

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at CVS Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Low to mid responsibility, store discounts.

Cons

Hours, medial work, no sense of direction within company or store.

Give employees more responsibility, equal opportunities in terms of things that need to be accomplished on a daily basis

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health