There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Pretty much as bad you might imagine

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Macon, GA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Macon, GA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, benefits were decent albeit raises should not be counted on

Cons

. Constant threats and harassment by the local DM. I got calls from other store mangers to "watch your back" Was sent to a store for the sole purpose of being written up so I could be terminated without unemployment. One honorable SM refused the DM'S request.. Once worked 9 straight 12hr days, no OT of course, add in 2.20min drive time each day

Listen to the SM and think "why are so many SM leaving ?" Maybe, just maybe there is a problem with your DM

reviews filtered by

Great pharmacists and technicians but lack of motivation due to limited pay for such volume of work

Current Employee - Cert Pharmacy Technician in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Cert Pharmacy Technician in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great system
    Flexible schedule
    Great customers
    Some opportunities

Cons

Huge volume of work for a little pay
    System has flows which makes CVS employees look incompetent

Motivating employees to provide best customer skills by offering competitive pays and recognition.
    While we are given appreciative tokens of oranges on New Years for our high SSS scores, our bills pile up and hours are cut. The system has flows in PCQ where it doesnt recognize comments made by previous techs about customer's preference of call and cant recognize new rxs for same meds (if called about more refills). Advice to management skills: recognize individuals that drive company's success and make hard choice of employing competitive technicians to benefit the company, instead of amateurs. With any knowledgeable tech who will provide quality service and make change in SSS scores a competitive salary should be offered.

2. A great first job, but a learning experience in a lot of wrong ways.

Current Employee - Photo Lab Technician in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Photo Lab Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours; convenient locations; no experience in retail or related fields needed to be interviewed or hired; they look to hire a very diverse staff of people in age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, etc.; good employee discount on merchandise

Cons

Poor salary; poor benefits; disorganized management; internal theft a huge issue at my particular location and was never really addressed in a way that punished those responsible (always punished or somehow greatly inconvenienced entire staff); huge disconnect between cashiers, those on the floor, those in pharmacy, and those in photo, so customers would get bounced around to various employees for help.

Don't promote people who are incompetent because you think it will improve retention. Even if you think folks are overqualified and might leave, give them the opportunity to grow in the position. They may leave, but they'll certainly quit if they're not stimulated.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health