There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Hard WORK

Current Employee - Lead Technician in Camden, NJ
Current Employee - Lead Technician in Camden, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The technicians are like a team
Patients were comical and fun loved by all

Cons

hard work
low pay
went through RPh.'s like water!

If you are going to promote someone promote them!

3196 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

OK Job Overall, Not Too Fun Though

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

You can get a fair rate of pay based on previous pay or experience, instead of starting at minimum wage. The discount is good to use on everyday products they sell, like Vitamins, hair products, etc. During the holidays is the most fun time to work, since the store is more lively, and you might get to decorate the store with Christmas decor. Also, the managers are mostly very friendly and helpful.

Cons

The stores usually open at 7 in the morning, so you have to wake up very early even though only a few customers shop at that time. The job is repetitive and can get boring when the store is not busy. There is constant standing for up to nine hour shifts. If the store is understaffed, you'll be running back and forth from stocking to the register a lot. There aren't any real rewards for performance, so if you're a hardworker and your co-workers aren't, it's not too fun. Also, if you're strongly against cigarette smoking it's not fun having to sell hundreds of cigarettes every day to the returning customers.

It would be a lot more fun if cashiers had chairs to sit in for 8+ hour shifts. If there were more performance-based rewards it would be better too. Also, the music in the store is often too loud, and customers have complained about it to me. Expensive unlocked items should be placed in clear view from the register to stop shoplifting. If there were sercurity guards in store more often that would be even better.

I loved my coworkers, but there was a lot of micro-management from the area managers.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Charleston, SC

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. I don't really recall any other benefits. I loved the people I worked with, not necessarily the company.

Cons

The company didn't seem to actually care about its employees/customers - only the numbers they saw.

Less micro-managing, especially in the pharmacy. We work there because we love what we do. We love our customers, and they aren't just numbers to us. Listen to your employees - sometimes we have a fresh, innovative look on things since we work with the customer on a day-to-day basis.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health