There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

This job is challenging but the monetary rewards are just not there for all that we do.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Monroeville, PA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Monroeville, PA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great internal support system. Meet interesting people. Challenges everyday.

Cons

Operational side of the business can get in the way for what you need to accomplish. Really no communication from the upper management. The base pay is way below the average of $45,000 a year.

Advice to Management

Communicate with everyone. No one likes to be kept in the dark. Raise everyone's pay to meet or exceed the average especially when we are breaking records with the business with over $116 Billion in revenue last year.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I loved my coworkers, but there was a lot of micro-management from the area managers.

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Charleston, SC

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. I don't really recall any other benefits. I loved the people I worked with, not necessarily the company.

Cons

The company didn't seem to actually care about its employees/customers - only the numbers they saw.

Advice to Management

Less micro-managing, especially in the pharmacy. We work there because we love what we do. We love our customers, and they aren't just numbers to us. Listen to your employees - sometimes we have a fresh, innovative look on things since we work with the customer on a day-to-day basis.

If it weren't for my staff, I'd go nuts.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k

Some of the regulars are super cool. In the particular neighborhood I'm working in, it's pretty close knit. People take care of each other here. They see you on the street, and nine times out of ten, they'll say hi.

Most of the employees are awesome (excluding management). You get to know them and they become your good friends. You learn to rely on one another for things, and suddenly, being the [temporary] boss is a lot easier because they want to help you out. Respect isn't hard concept and I'm lucky that at least my cashiers get it.

Cons

If you work overtime, it will be deducted from your total hours and pay. In fact, if the store is running low on hours, the time you worked will reflect the schedule, not your punches - you know, what you actually worked. (Illegal, but you're a mindless peon anyway. And HR doesn't care. Neither does the DM.)

The main thing CVS likes to emphasize on is that their employees are REPLACEABLE. They won't hesitate to write you up for the tiniest of things. Of course, jobs aren't as replaceable for today's workers. But fear and intimidation is a great business model, right?

They will underpay you. This is true for ANY retail store at the moment, but CVS also expects 40 things out of you at once.

They'll try to work you as much as possible but will refuse you full time status.

When you complain, you'll suddenly be stuck at 18 hours a week, if that.

Remember how I said the cashiers will give you respect if you offer it to them? Yeah, well, most managers don't. They just demand things to be done and don't realize that they're working with PEOPLE. They use them as disposable tools. And this is coming from a supervisor.

Their store managers go from one extreme to the other. Either way, they're trying to screw you over. Same jerks, different methods.

They cut hours so badly that it's often just a cashier and a manager running the store. Then they have the nads to ask "Why are your scores so low?" And then they cut hours some more and make tasks more impossible to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Wake up. The reason your customer service sucks is because you don't even know how to treat your employees right. Give them fair pay, tell the shitty managers who treat them as though they're subhuman to take a hike, and cut the cost of these administrators who think revising the way things work will save you money...because it's not working. And you need to start understanding that your company depends on people, both as customers AND as workers. If you can't learn that, you're gonna start feeling it.