There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Easy, fun and full of possibilities

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macomb, MI
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Macomb, MI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very easy to learn, good training system, opportunities for growth, always new challenges to face and learn from. It's easy to transition to a leadership role quickly.

Cons

The pay isn't outstanding, neither are the raises. Must be open to working any/all holidays, nights and weekends. People with seniority usually get the better, more sought after hours. Not enough hours given to high volume stores which makes it hard to get work done and also provide good customer service.

Advice to Management

We need more hours to operate and function properly. Sales are supposed to be used as a model for building hours for each store, yet the hours given to stores do not reflect that model in any way. Our store barely functions on 220 hours per week, wheras a store making half of our sales gets 218 hours to work with. We can barely get our daily work done, not including planograms, checking in vendors, and setting seasonal. It's almost impossible to get any work done on time with the little hours we are given to work with. We are only able to have one cashier and one manager on duty per shift. For a busy store, that makes it very hard and at times impossible for the manager to get all of the floor work/office work done when they are constantly being called up to ring. The customers are also affected by this. We cant give them the attention they deserve because were scrambling to get everything done. If we get an SOS visit (corporate, 'Stores Own Sales'), and they wonder why our SSS score is so low, this is why.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not so great lately!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady employment, several studies, classes and valuable seminars offered at the company.

Cons

Company is to focused on quick fixes and fast dollars vs. client and customer relation and long term solutions .Benefits are slowly and forever evolving vs. competitors. Process and request are a never ending story with any direction.

Advice to Management

Seek qualified people who are built to lead and understand the work flow and process. To many managers are getting to comfortable with their title and spending more time away from their desk and team vs...making their selves available. For every one person you try to cater to you are losing 4 to 5 valuable employees. Need to have more focus on programming and training. Also, responsibilities and job description are no longer clear for each role housed at the company. Need a reorganization of departments and leadership.

2. Your experience will depend a lot on your store manager and the team they have built.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Union, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Union, OH

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to pick up hours at other CVS stores. Good employee discount and discount Rx program. Likes to promote within and has multiple growth opportunities including a management track program. Easy to network and meet new people within the company.

Cons

Some stores are unionized but the union isn't that strong.

Advice to Management

District Managers should be more visible and willing to engage front line staff.