There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

The best company to work for!

Current Employee - Cvs Pharmacist in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Cvs Pharmacist in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the people and staff are nice

Cons

can be overwhelming at times

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Well, I was working....

Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Up Front Orientation with lots of information, even for Cashier
    Lots of opportunities to interact with customers and sharpen customer service skills

Cons

What is said at Orientation is not what happens at the store
    Manager did employee training just to meet DM requirements (opps! - no learning there!)
    Dirty Dusty environment. Really low bottom pay and pressured management.

Advice to Management

Let your employees learn from training and provide up-front expectations instead of post event criticism. Clean up your stores and be consistent.

2. unrealistic expectations, skeleton crew

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits, financially stable company to work for, job security

Cons

I dont even know where to begin. Customer service is preached from upper management, yet we are forced to run the stores on very minimal payroll, usually just one manager and one cashier on duty at a time. This makes for a very stressful environment on a daily basis. You try to give it your all and make sure every customer is satisfied but when as the store manager you are on the register half your day because you work in a busy, high volume store, you still feel you are lacking, because you can then not get management duties/tasks done without working past your shift to make up for the constant interruptions and issues throughout your shift. You are not a manager. You are everything else: backup cashier(whenever there are three people in line the cashier is to call for backup,thats you)photo technician, stocker, truck unloader. restroom cleaner, and the list goes on and on. So a company that tries to appear so focused on service doesn't want to supply the resource in the form of payroll to give this service they so demand. When you have a line of 6,7.8 people and someone needs assistance there is noone to give that assistance. Not to mention the the word is out on the streets to shoplifters that if you go to CVS theres noone in the stores to apprehend or catch them when the only two people in the building are both on the register. It may seem like a good company to work for to those fortunate enough to work at a level other than store level. As a store manager this company will take everything out of you and run you into the ground. It catches up to you, Its only a matter of time. I've seen so many good people leave the company due to the stress and I have to say I'm right behind them. My time has now come.....I hope to know what its like to be proud of the company I work for and take pride in my career. I surely cant say that right now.

Advice to Management

Get their priorities straight! If your going to have certain expectations you should make sure that you supply the resources nessesary.