Shift Supervisor B

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Erdenheim, PA
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Erdenheim, PA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Personally I really enjoy helping people and training my staff. I've been almost solely responsible for photo training for the last 2 years. Its really rewarding to have even in the last few months see trains 3 or four people and watch a photo lab supervisor and another photo tech, both of whom I train start to help and train the new budding photo techs now. I do like the thrill of it all running around constantly, I feel very accomplished.

Cons

I'm training to become a Shift A, which I'm told is now the second in comand of the store. Anyone in cvs knows normally a store has a Assistant. Now due to our low volume and a lawsuit making Assistants hourly, many stores do not get Assistants anymore. So instead of getting a raise for becoming a Shift A and then Assistant, I get a raise for becoming a Shift A. In fairness, I do not know what that one raise will amount to. Either way I will be responsible for the work of an hourly Assistant.

Since I will be hourly, this also means my Store Manager will now have to stay later to get anything done, something which I can't do much anymore because I am hourly and my time would go into overtime AND cut further into our bugjet.

A few months ago we also lost our Photo lab supervisor, and most of management. My photo staff was down to me (A shift) and the new photo lab supervisor who I trained about a year before as a tech. Our store manager, his shift A and our photo sup opened a new store together and another shift quit. Needless to say I've been working on training 3 shift Bs and 4 or 5 photo tech little by little over the last 4 plus months, while setting Halloween, Christmas and working on planograms (which we still have from August.) I also found out out Hours are being cut by about 50 per week...

It can be a great place to work for those who want to work hard. If and only if the staff is willing to put in the effort AND you have good SM, shifts and ASMs who are willing to be supportive to each other and the staff. The store is dependent on the quality of the individual people in each store,

Advice to Management

Stop slashing our hours! We're running out 350 hours and you want us to cut down to 300. We'll be running on two people a day. We will not get anything done. I had been working 50-60 hours a week to get done everything done, and am still behind. If you cut our ours, my manager won't let me or anyone else get overtime to get what we need done our SM will have to work 80 hour weeks to complete everything, he will burn out crack and the store will crumble. Honestly, I've seen it happen before. I am obviously willing to work as hard as I can, and enjoy it.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not thrilled, but no huge negatives either.

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workflow and systems are very good.

Cons

Chasing numbers can be endless and can lead to losing focus on customer care.

2. neutral to positive

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good hours, most people good to work with

Cons

inflexability with time off and vacations