There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

5 years experience in customer service, web support and prior authorization clinical rep

Current Employee - Prior Authoriation Clinical Representative in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Prior Authoriation Clinical Representative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CVS Caremark has outstanding supervisors and managers. The employees are respectful and supportive of each other, and the company treats its employees fairly. I feel valued as an employee and there is lots of room for advancement. The benefits are also good.

Cons

A downside is there is quite a difference in pay for a pharmacy technician at retail versus the PBM side.

Advice to Management

With a company this large, it should be fairly easy for the employees to transfer from the retail side to the PBM side and vice versa. Although, with the significant drop in salary from the PBM side to the retail side, it doesn't make sense to do that. However, a situation may arise in an employee's life where he/she might have to move to another city, state, etc. and it would be so nice to be able to request a transfer without taking a significant drop in pay.

reviews filtered by
  1. Shift Supervisor position at cvs

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Greenville, SC

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible with hours and outside life

Cons

Stressful environment and very high paced at all times

Advice to Management

Show more praise and compliments

2. Shift Supervisor B

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Erdenheim, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Erdenheim, PA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Personally I really enjoy helping people and training my staff. I've been almost solely responsible for photo training for the last 2 years. Its really rewarding to have even in the last few months see trains 3 or four people and watch a photo lab supervisor and another photo tech, both of whom I train start to help and train the new budding photo techs now. I do like the thrill of it all running around constantly, I feel very accomplished.

Cons

I'm training to become a Shift A, which I'm told is now the second in comand of the store. Anyone in cvs knows normally a store has a Assistant. Now due to our low volume and a lawsuit making Assistants hourly, many stores do not get Assistants anymore. So instead of getting a raise for becoming a Shift A and then Assistant, I get a raise for becoming a Shift A. In fairness, I do not know what that one raise will amount to. Either way I will be responsible for the work of an hourly Assistant.

Since I will be hourly, this also means my Store Manager will now have to stay later to get anything done, something which I can't do much anymore because I am hourly and my time would go into overtime AND cut further into our bugjet.

A few months ago we also lost our Photo lab supervisor, and most of management. My photo staff was down to me (A shift) and the new photo lab supervisor who I trained about a year before as a tech. Our store manager, his shift A and our photo sup opened a new store together and another shift quit. Needless to say I've been working on training 3 shift Bs and 4 or 5 photo tech little by little over the last 4 plus months, while setting Halloween, Christmas and working on planograms (which we still have from August.) I also found out out Hours are being cut by about 50 per week...

It can be a great place to work for those who want to work hard. If and only if the staff is willing to put in the effort AND you have good SM, shifts and ASMs who are willing to be supportive to each other and the staff. The store is dependent on the quality of the individual people in each store,

Advice to Management

Stop slashing our hours! We're running out 350 hours and you want us to cut down to 300. We'll be running on two people a day. We will not get anything done. I had been working 50-60 hours a week to get done everything done, and am still behind. If you cut our ours, my manager won't let me or anyone else get overtime to get what we need done our SM will have to work 80 hour weeks to complete everything, he will burn out crack and the store will crumble. Honestly, I've seen it happen before. I am obviously willing to work as hard as I can, and enjoy it.