There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

It's a great place to work

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Every area u learn you get a pay increase

Cons

I havent found any cons

3214 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Incompetent Talent Acquisition in Arizona - no follow through or callbacks

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Company culture can use improvements but ok.

Cons

The worst or the worst. No call backs, no replies to emails and then lies about having sent emails. These people are too worried about their upcoming court dates regarding the forcible detainer issue....not happy.

One of the worst experiences of my life

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked alongside a really good staff. All good people, and for the most part they were hard working with a few exceptions. I truly felt bad leaving them, knowing what they will have to continue to put up with from both the company & the customers.

Cons

Corporate cut the hours 3 times in the 2 years I was there. By the time I left, the workload was absolutely impossible to keep up with. Between the endless lines at pick-up and drive-thru, the 10+ pages of prescriptions to fill, the non-stop phone calls, and the neverending list of scripts to process at drop off, it became increasingly more overwhelming to our staff to the point where everyday became an outright disaster. CVS is obsessed with excellent customer service, and yet they don't provide enough hours to adequately staff their stores, which in turn doesn't allow the staff to have any chance of providing said excellent service. It's absolutely ridiculous, and to someone who works there, stressful beyond belief. When you compare the stress and workload you'll have to deal with to your pay rate, it's not even close to being worth it.

The customers themselves are atrocious for the most part. You'll be constantly disrespected, treated rudely, and harrassed by ignorant & idiotic customers, many of them drug addicts. I never realized just how despicable the human race is until I started working at CVS. Also, hygiene is clearly not a priority among CVS customers.

Also, be prepared to put up with the million and one initiatives & regulations CVS comes up with seemingly on a weekly basis. Every transaction with a customer consists of an endless list of questions you're expected to ask them, which only annoys them more than they already are. And don't forget to address them by name, because it's pretty much the most important thing in the world to CVS corporate. If they overhear you not addressing by name, you'll get an hour long scolding in the office (or in my case, 2 seperate hour long scoldings).

CVS, quite simply put, is the worst company you could ever work for. They squeeze every little drop of energy they can out of you, all the while not giving a crap about you or your family (my store manager tried to fire a co-worker of mine for calling out once because her child was extremely ill because he wanted to "Make an example" until the head pharmacist talked him out of it). Corporate is totally out of touch with how things actually are in the stores, and either don't realize just how horribly understaffed they are, or simply don't care. It's as if they think simply being overly nice to a customer and addressing them by name is going to make the difference. Never mind scripts never being ready on time and customers having to wait in line for 30 minutes. By the time I left, I had never seen a staff so stressed out and defeated. It was sad. Unless you are absolutely in dire need of a subpar paycheck, don't work as a technician for CVS. You can't win, and you'll take a lot of your stress home with you. Working there was the most stressful and frustrating 2 years of my life.

Stop cutting hours because you're killing your employees and your customer service. Staying on this path will certainly lead to this company going into the toilet. It's already headed that way.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health