CVS Health

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Lightning strikes twice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is the second time in my life that I wake up and can't wait to get to work. I love the company, and my job.
The corporate culture is sensitive to employee performance and genuinely committed to personal growth and success. There are numerous opportunities to learn more through the internal CBT system, LearnNET. The people are all open and friendly, and always open to new members, and will at least listen to new ideas, even when they are already committed to another plan.

Cons

can be confusing to navigate the culture
can be frustrating learning the rules of how to interact
remote management can result in managers being out of touch with whats going on, on the ground where the front line staff are.
There is very little tolerance for expressing any judgement. Even a wrong tone of voice can get you a meeting with your manager/director/VP depending on your level. This can be frustrating. However, there is always an opportunity to change and improve, and anyone will help you to understand and adapt.

having your manager in a different location can be a bit frustrating. sometimes it feels like my manager is out of touch with my responsibilities' challenges. as a result, I can never be sure if I have their support in my decisions. In addition, when my actions are comments on by others, sometimes, my manager jumps to a conclusion rather than ask me about the issue. My manager is inconsistent in the support, which make me hesitate to act, sometimes.

3848 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

My experience was adequate. A little unorganized when it comes to corporate management.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Solon, OH

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer an extended maternity leave

Cons

They do not compensate well for your services.

The company should hire managers and supervisors based on their experience in the field and not based on camaraderie.

Opportunities are questionable

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent starting salary for the retail market. Shifts could potentially be decent, depending on who is running your area.

Cons

Opportunities to advance are based only on where you are. No structure in South Orlando area by DM and management. Horrible delivery system with no help.

Be honest about hours and opportunities to advance before trying to recruit quality experienced managers.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health