There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Depends on the Pharmacist you work with

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It all depends on the pharmacist you work with. Hours can be flexible. Coworkers very nice. Enjoyed the working environment. Always busy. One of the busiest stores in the area.

Cons

Customers not always nice. Insurance is confusing and overwhelming at first. Some pharmacists are very difficult. Hourly pay is too low for the amount of work being performed!!

Advice to Management

Pay your techs what they are worth! Especially if they are there for years!

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

1. Opportunities are questionable

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent starting salary for the retail market. Shifts could potentially be decent, depending on who is running your area.

Cons

Opportunities to advance are based only on where you are. No structure in South Orlando area by DM and management. Horrible delivery system with no help.

Advice to Management

Be honest about hours and opportunities to advance before trying to recruit quality experienced managers.

2. Shift Supervisor at CVS Pharmacy

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Close-nit family of coworkers -daily tasks are very simple for the most part -In-store managers often recognize their staff -Very understanding in-store management.

Cons

-District and regional managers are nit-picky and stress out in-store managers. They also often change their opinion on the rules depending on how obnoxious a customer is, making it difficult to make decisions when dealing with customers. I've gotten in trouble with my DM for following the rules a few times, just because someone made a fuss; but then I was told good job by my in-store manager. -You have to work evening, and weekends. Shifts only work 40hr weeks, Assistants work 45 hours, and store managers work sometimes 60 hr weeks. -Some of your cashiers will be unmotivated, or just not very smart. They will rely on nice managers, such as myself, incredibly too much. They also can be very, very lazy. -You do not get paid enough, because you have to everyone's job for them. - Customers can be difficult at times. -Anything having to do with photo lab is just terrible. The machines break often, the customers are often computer illiterate, and photo around the holidays is rather not enjoyable.

Advice to Management

To my in-store managers: Try and stay calm. I know some days can be very stressful, but remember when you're stressed it trinkles down to your assistant, your shifts, and the entire front-store. Stressed cashiers aren't happy cashiers. To the district & regional managers: Perhaps you should work as a cashier once a month, so you can be reminded how difficult some customers can be. Maybe then you will stop being unrealistic with your expectations, and will be able to back your managers more.