There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

In IT - difficult management -however over past 2 years weeding out challenging Sr. staff

Former Employee - Information Technology in Woonsocket, RI
Former Employee - Information Technology in Woonsocket, RI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Several smart people, good benefits

Cons

Many people have worked there so long can't see out of the box - used to doing things the old way.
No flex time

Add work at home/flex time. Continue to weed out bad IT management.

3203 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for in retail

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great benefits start at full time, which starts at 30 hrs a week. Learn the basics of retail.

Cons

stores aren't budgeted enough hours for proper customer service needs. Little room to move up, too many store managers are hired out of company.

Lightning strikes twice

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is the second time in my life that I wake up and can't wait to get to work. I love the company, and my job.
    The corporate culture is sensitive to employee performance and genuinely committed to personal growth and success. There are numerous opportunities to learn more through the internal CBT system, LearnNET. The people are all open and friendly, and always open to new members, and will at least listen to new ideas, even when they are already committed to another plan.

Cons

can be confusing to navigate the culture
    can be frustrating learning the rules of how to interact
    remote management can result in managers being out of touch with whats going on, on the ground where the front line staff are.
    There is very little tolerance for expressing any judgement. Even a wrong tone of voice can get you a meeting with your manager/director/VP depending on your level. This can be frustrating. However, there is always an opportunity to change and improve, and anyone will help you to understand and adapt.

having your manager in a different location can be a bit frustrating. sometimes it feels like my manager is out of touch with my responsibilities' challenges. as a result, I can never be sure if I have their support in my decisions. In addition, when my actions are comments on by others, sometimes, my manager jumps to a conclusion rather than ask me about the issue. My manager is inconsistent in the support, which make me hesitate to act, sometimes.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health