CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Satisfied, but not a career or forever job.

Current Employee - Shift B Supervisor in Binghamton, NY
Current Employee - Shift B Supervisor in Binghamton, NY

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Easy Job
-Flexible Hours
-Management is fair

Cons

-Pay
-Advancement Opportunities worth exploring
-Limited Hours to staff

We need more hours in the budget to complete necessary jobs and to service customers more efficiently.

3682 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

It's okay for a first retail job, but be warned of what might happen.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Buffalo, NY

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you're a teenager looking for a job that isn't in the food industry and CVS is right next to your house then consider this as a job. You'll learn how the store works rather quickly and the registers are really easy to use.

Cons

This is what I experienced working for CVS: If you are hired as a "cashier" or "Customer Service Rep" you will do everything short of management and pharmacy. You will do the work of many people. When I worked there I was told that every CVS store had only two people running the store at a time. It will be you (cashier) and a manager. Who ever is the manager for the night will probably be in the back or in the office, so you'll never see them. You will have to know your stuff about every department (IE food, beauty, "As Seen on TV", photo, etc). Customers can be rude and unintelligent, but that comes with every retail job. IF your line has more than three people in it then customers start to get mad and you'll have to call someone up to help cash. However, the manager working with you will most likely hate ringing, and they will help you for the least amount of time possible. My particular store had "extreme couponing" ladies who tried to be your friend but were very mean. I started working at CVS when I was 16 and I worked for them a lot. I had a lot of 20 hour weeks during the school year so I would find it hard to get homework done. Be prepared to work weekends too, and be prepared to say goodbye to your social life. They often had me work 5-10 on Saturdays and then 9-5 on Sundays. That tends to happen with whatever job you get. However, your store probably will just have enough employees to get by. If you're sick good luck finding someone to cover for you because you're on your own.

Hire more people! I understand pay roll may be tight but I like to think that employees have lives outside of work. I didn't like coming to work sick because we didn't have enough people working at the store to cover for me.

If it wasn't for my coworkers, this would be a horrible job.

Current Employee - Photo Technician in Montvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Photo Technician in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people in my store are awesome. Flexible, accommodating scheduling.

Cons

The pay. If they increase the starting wage of new hires, they won't bump up the existing workers by the same amount. I have been working at cvs, more on than off, for the last 4 years. In that time, between a couple yearly raises and my photo raise, I went from making 7.75 to 8.50. My brother got hired a few months ago at 8.25. That is just unfair.

This time of the year, January, is the worst for hours. They cut back hours so much in our store that there were only 2 or 3 people, plus a manager, in the store during the day in a high volume store. This past week we have not been able to get anything done and the store looks horrible.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health