CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Great place to be a lifer (if that's what you want)

Former Employee - Advisor in Northbrook, IL
Former Employee - Advisor in Northbrook, IL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job security (unless you screw up big time *and* annoy others), 401k match, work life balance/work from home days (varies by dept), stock purchase program. Some departments have a great set of intelligent people.. other departments have clock-watching 9-4:59ers.. just depends on whether you get lucky (or not).

Cons

6% salary bump for all promotions no matter what (which means your annual raise will always be 1-4% at best), benefits are constantly changing ("to align with industry") which includes cutting PTO accrual, blatant favoritism, general reluctance to get rid of incompetent workers (it takes at least 1 year to fire someone here)

Throw out the consultants and lead by example (ie, Don't proclaim it was an excellent year and then slash non-mgmt bonuses. We all know what VP bonuses were. It's not a secret.) Get rid of the low performers and retain your talented people with opportunities to grow. Think about the message you are sending when you promote/reward incompetent people.

3468 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Both good and bad

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people. Always busy because managers give you something to do. Good discounts. Love the extra bucks and coupons.

Cons

I've been a cashier for about a year and a half. If I hadn't of left my old store to have my baby I wouldn't been promoted to a shift. sometimes I wish I would of stayed at my old store because my new store the manager is very uptight about everything. Not saying it's really a bad thing but they have told me if I didn't get enough e-mails responses then they were going to put me on probation... WHAT?! Also the hours are crap. Since I've worked at this new store I have only ever had one weekend off and its only because I requested off for my baby's Baptist. I don't know if it's true but I heard cashier's aren't even suppose to have a whole weekend off.

Hire more cashier's so I can actually see and spend time with my baby and my family on the weekends. I'm not asking every weekend but it seems like the same people get weekends off. Goodbye social life!!!

CVS

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Good pay, cost of living every year, benefits

Cons

You can get dirty sometimes depending on your job.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health