There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

A great place to learn the retail business, but not the best-paying job...

Current Employee - Cashier/Shift Supervisor in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Cashier/Shift Supervisor in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been a cashier for about 2 years and am currently in training to be a shift supervisor. Overall, this can be a great place to work if you put the effort into it. After a while of working there, you'll have the job mastered. Surprisingly, many of the customers are friendly and are great to talk to. Management will help you to move up in the company if you're willing to work for it.

Cons

The job is very routine. There are tasks that are required to be done in order for the store to function smoothly. Sometimes this can be difficult when the store is busy and you have to spend most of your day helping customers. Pay raises are almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Do what needs to be done for the store to operate smoothly: Give more hours!!! This would keep the store in a much better condition. In doing this, it would also give us the opportunity to turn our direction on customer service. Also, so many of your employees work hard but aren't receiving the benefits they deserve from an employer.

reviews filtered by
  1. Very Dishonest

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Very easy to get hired

Cons

Terrible with scheduled raises, hired under false pretense.

Advice to Management

Honesty!

Terrible

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not many, high pay if you're a pharmacist but I would rather have lower pay and higher job satisfaction. They used to give sign on bonuses out but I've heard they've stopped that. If you can handle it, the night shift is 7 days straight then 7 days off in a cycle and generally it's a bit easier but not by much and it depends on the store. If you get a store somewhere in the boondocks where the volume of Rxs is lower, you may have better job satisfaction but I wouldn't know.

Cons

They are understaffed, all the time, I remember working with only one other person and we had to deal with the drive thru, take new prescriptions, fill them, and deal with doctor calls and insurance all in one shift. They expect high Rx volume and customer retention over employee satisfaction and they reflect that in their SSS scores which grade you based on that. Now, along with other retail pharmacies, they expect pharmacists to give immunization with no increase in pay on top of all their other responsibilities. Most of them work 12 to 14 hour shifts which both decreases quality of life and increases the risk for prescription errors. There is a high turnover rate in retail in general but especially CVS. 5 of my friends who worked as a pharmacist at CVS have left for greener pastures in either hospital or pharm industry. A pharmacy should not be run like a McDonalds.

Advice to Management

-Hire more staff. I can't stress this enough. Cutting costs by reducing staff is not a smart thing to do in healthcare and it only puts you at risk for more lawsuits which end up decreasing . Happy and relaxed pharmacists=better customer service=better patient care and less risk for errors.
    -Provide pharmacists with more compensation for the services they provide
    -Decrease the number of hours. You said that pharmacists can always time share except you don't provide enough pharmacists per store to be able to do that.
    -I don't expect much for career opportunities but it would be nice to have some.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health