CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
  www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Getting the experience I want, at an unpleasant cost.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Co-workers and regular customers here are amazing

-Job security is nice. Would have to mess up big time. (Not making all "patient outreach calls" however, is considered messing up big time - even if there's 120+)

-Job experience is nice as well. As a future pharmacist-to-be, I'm racking up experience and have seen the good, the bad, and the plain evil of corporate run pharmacies.

Cons

-Hours cut in the middle of week to meet budget and upper level management surprised when we're not doing so well. Can be very strict on hours (I've been "written up" for going over 5 minutes one week)

-Requires a lot of dedication with no real benefits for the dedication

-No competitive pay, and both wage and raises are static. No raise or compensation for certification. No assistance in maintaining CPhT status, or renewal of license. You pay to work for them.

-In both stores I've worked, there is "full service" (Pick up & Drop Off) in 2 drive-thru lanes - with 1 employee working them both and only 1 register. New "We-Care" system in second lane requires multiple back and forth trips of the tube while Lane 1 can be done much easier

-Little respect for employees from upper management. The customer is always right, even if its their fault. (ex: phoned in wrong medicine to be refilled)

-Numbers,numbers,numbers. On weekends, patients must be called to prompt them to fill old prescriptions. Every prescription is timed, and must be filled before said time or it counts against your execution "score." From when a patient calls the store to when you answer is timed. When a patient pulls into the drive-thru to when an employee pushes the button on the phone (**not when the employee is actually at the window, you must still push the button if you are right there anyways**) is timed.

-Customer-based "scoring." Customers are constantly given the opportunity to "score" how well your performance was in helping them. This is a good idea. However, CVS has RickyBobby syndrome. When you are scored from 0-5 (0 bad, 5 excellent), anything from 0-4 gets defaulted to a 0. ONLY 5's count. If you ain't first, you're last.

-High stress environment. Even when customers are nice, it is stressful with 10+ people waiting around the pharmacy, some watching your every move. Out of our 5 full time techs, 3 have a prescription for a nerve pill.

-In my state, we often work illegally. The state board of pharmacy states the pharmacist/tech ratio should be 1:2. The worst I've ever seen is 7 techs to 1 pharmacist.

After seeing some of the numbers, I know more hours should be available. Spend less on advertising "15 minutes or less" and give stores more hours to actually just do it. No reason why a store making $76,000 profit in 1 month should have long wait times and low ratings due to skeleton staffing.

3440 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Terrible

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor B
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor B

I worked at CVS Health part-time (less than an year)

Pros

20% discount on products not CVS brands
    30% discount on CVS brands

Cons

Terrible company, same things to do from week to week. As a shift supervisor you have no interaction with customers. I was never properly trained to do a lot of things I was "required" to do. The only things I was trained on is what the store manager got checked up on.

Get rid of lazy store managers, they ruin the work experience.

In IT - difficult management -however over past 2 years weeding out challenging Sr. staff

Former Employee - Information Technology in Woonsocket, RI
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Woonsocket, RI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Several smart people, good benefits

Cons

Many people have worked there so long can't see out of the box - used to doing things the old way.
    No flex time

Add work at home/flex time. Continue to weed out bad IT management.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health