CVS Health

www.cvshealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Love my job, but very underpaid

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people make this a special place to work. My director believes in me and gives me a lot of freedom to make decisions and be a part of the 'big picture'

Cons

Salaries here are in the lowest 10% for this job title, according to numerous websites I've researched.

Please recognize the talent you have within the company and reward that talent.

3649 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

this is the worse place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Warehouse in Lumberton, NJ
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Lumberton, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

the pay for the job is a bit higher than some other places, and there is good movement within the company, including to other states. lots of diversity, and an on site chow hall. lots of voluntary overtime.

Cons

for the $20/hr, management expects you to work in somewhat unsafe conditions. you are pitted against a computer, and in my teens I lost, now the computer has gained speed and I've lost speed. basically, management has created an extremely hostile work environment for the employees, and has little concern for the employees welfare. management appears to have little concept how the systems operate, believing that a blink and nod, a nose twitch and presto, all is completed and on the road. only Jeanie and Samantha can do that. they are also in the" let's run cheap stage". cvs has had yearly surveys, yet are constantly surprised that the employees have low morale, and little concern for managements bonuses. very high turnover does not help matters. lots of mandatory overtime as well.

I know management does not care, but how about treating employees as employees, not slaves. after all, WE do the bull work, for as little pay as you feel you can get away with, while you collect the bonus. how was your steak dinner? my pot pie was just yummy.

Pharmacy Technician --- UGH.

Current Employee - Photo Technician (Working In Pharmacy) in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Photo Technician (Working In Pharmacy) in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee discount on non-sales items, especially CVS brand items.

Cons

Under staffed pharmacy.
    Awful training program.
    Have to constantly badger management for position raises and even ANNUAL raises.

I have been working with CVS for 1 year and 6 months. I started at $8.00 as part time Front-Store Register/Clerk and worked odd shifts (7-3, 3-11, 11-7) 36-40 hours a week. I later was promoted to Photo Technician and no raise was given to me. About 8 months ago, our pharmacy had several employees quit and wanted some the more reliable front-store employees to get trained to work in the pharmacy and put as full-time. I took up the offer and was told I would be receiving a decent raise. After getting my Pharmacy Technician state license, I began to work hours in the pharmacy (34-40). After 8 months, I am still waiting for my Drop-Off training, yet I work Drive-Thru and input prescriptions all day long. I got my annual raise last month after having to harass my store manager about it. I now get paid $8.27. I am still considered a Photo Technician on payroll and I have asked my Store Manager about scheduling me for my Drop-Off training so that I might actually be considered a flipping Pharmacy Technician after 8 months. I am fed up with CVS.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health