CVS Health

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Lincolnshire Building

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL
Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Salary. Some managers were great, and Good Co-workers on specific teams. Other teams were terrible.

Cons

Very political. Worked for the worst manager of my career. She managed as if she owned your soul. Also allowed certain co-workers to backstap other workers for petty greiviences.

Treat you workers better. Discipline unprofessional workers that tease and hurt fellow workers.

3471 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Demoralizing workplace offset only by good co-workers

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Learn a lot about pharmacy, healthcare and insurances
    -20% Employee Discount
    -In my case, very nice pharmacists and technicians that help you learn and become better at the job

Cons

-Pay was awfully low. The only way I made an actual money was working overtime (40+) because even a full 40 hour week was barely $290 a week after deductions.
    -Customers (with a few exceptions) are very rude and extremely uneducated on the nuances of their insurance. They always assume that what they are receiving should be free and this mentality is what gives us problems when we have to explain and have that explanation rebuffed by the customer because "the customer is always right".
    -Terrible scheduling of technicians throughout the day. We always had at least 4-5 techs plus 1-2 RPH during the hours of 8-4pm. Thats enough to cover pick up, drop-off, production and the drive-thru lane during the day. But when it's the busiest between 4-7pm there is only 3 techs and 1 RPH and there is nothing being produced or counted and its becomes a complete mess
    -Schedule is determined on a week-to-week basis and there is very little leeway to schedule your own stuff
    -Started in 2012 and was given as many hours as I wanted and more, but once 2013 came I was down to 25-28 hours a week max and part of why I quit.
    -PCI/PCQ calls are a useless way to have us spend our time. Most of the time people can see that it's CVS calling on their phones and dont even bother answering. When they do its "why are you calling me?" and "stop calling me!" A waste of time and hours.
    -This might just be where I worked but the customers have an extreme ego complex and speak down to you or expect us to compensate for their lack of responsibility. It's YOUR medications, for YOUR health benefit, not MINE. Be responsible about YOUR health and I will do my best as well.
    -On your feet all day and there is no sitting down. Myself and fellow techs/RPH's all have sore feet and knee issues.
    -I started out as a fairly sociable and happy person but towards the end of my time I became very cynical and grumpy about my job and the customers. Not the kind of mentality you want to have but this job inevitably makes you like that.

Management has no idea how the pharmacy runs vs. how they perceive their "initiatives" and "projects"to be carried out. There is a huge disconnect and no matter how much we lobby for more hours, techs or any assistance those calls fall on deaf ears. This is a business where the pharmacy carries more weight and financial gain. Give the pharmacists and techs the freedom to do our jobs instead of weighing us down with useless rules to follow. Moot point now but CVS will always try to do more than is possible with fewer and fewer resources. I tell people I know who ask about my job what it's like and I tell them that it's a job, not a career. To me all it has become is a paycheck because thats the reality.

Great company to show on resume, not so great to work for.

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Most stores are a very tight knit group of friends and you can have a good time going to work. Hours flexibility is great for high school or college students who need to work around schedules. Most regular customers will begin to know you by name and genuinely enjoy coming in to see some of you.

Cons

Management is constantly cutting hours to make sure they get their bottom line and appeal to investors. All the while, they expect employees to get all the weekly tasking done with 2 or 3 people in the store. Upper management is trying to gain back consumer perception by pushing for excellent customer service while cutting our hours to make it near impossible.

Set realistic goals to get tasking done. Work in a store for a week or two to see what actually goes on in the store and not what is seen on paper. Give hours back to stores so that we have the bodies there to build a better relationship with customers and provide great service.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health