There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

A good company to work for if you plan on being a Pharmacist one day

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. The hours are good. There are seasons, so hours do get cut when the season is over.

Cons

The place far too much ephasis on numbers. I'm not 100% sure if their measurement for success translate to customer satisfation and quality of service. I think they are expanding too fast and are on the verge of loosing track of their customer base.

Really take the advice that employees and staff give to upper management to heart. I think it will go a long way in tackling some of the fringe problems with the company.

reviews filtered by

Some good and some bad.

Former Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Redford, MI
    Former Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Redford, MI

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-If you are a part of a good team then you can have a good time while you work.
    -The flex hours can keep the job from feeling like a 9-5 snooze fest
    - Earn team experience to aid you in any future employment
    - Work it's self is not complicated i.e running a register, doing stock, facing shelves and helping in the photo department.

Cons

-The pay can seem way to low for all the work you do and the really bad customers you have to deal with from time to time i.e the customers who scream at you like your the CEO.
    - Management style is really inconsistent from manager to manager. One manager may be lax on something just to get a job done faster and keep the store efficient while another manager may be a task master and expect everything to be done by the book
    -Insufficient training! Some managers may be on the ball about getting workers the training experience they need but I my self never got much training so I had to learn on the go.

-your hours can vary widely, one week your get 15 hours or more and the next your lucky to get 8

-Favoritism exists at CVS just like any other company, seems like I had a harder time at the company just because I wasn't the managers friend or I wasn't sucking up in some way.

- Lack of advancement, I was never concerned with becoming a part of management but I did see other people have a hard time finding the advancement they wanted. Either a promotion track for someone was started that ended up going no where or someone had to do the training for the promotion on their own time since the store didn't have the hours to pay the person to learn at work.

-Management at the store level can be hypocritical. On my my ex-managers would want everyone to get right to work on an inventory day but I would catch this person talking to a customer they know for 30 minutes or more in a store isle.

be friendlier, don't be a hypocrite, try to pay your team more money if you can, train your team, be as flexible as the work schedule, don't allow or participate in favoritism and hire only enough people to get the job done without the wild swings in hours.

2. Great job, hard work!!

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I negotiated a good salary and I was had several options as far as companies but at this time they made the best offer.

Cons

The pharmacy is a prescription factory and never stops with minimum help and you will always be on your feet. Be prepared to earn your money.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health