There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Good place to work, if they paid better

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Irving, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Flexible schedule
Ability to telecommute
Autonomy
You are treated as a professional adult, not over micro-managed
My experience with senior management (with a few exceptions) is that they care about getting the job done correctly and will help as much as they can.

Cons

Departments are very siloed. It seems as though no department truly wants to help any other department, they are more interested in not putting anything else on their plate. So, what ends up happening is the group responsible for getting the job done doesn't do it and other groups have to pick up the slack and it causes errors and confusion.
No raises were given in 2009 even though one week later, Tom Ryan released a "record profit" email to all colleagues.
They used to give the employees perks that made up for the long hours and low pay. I see if becoming more "corporate" now and the perks are disappearing (not that a merit increase is a perk...).

Open up the silos. Assess the areas that have gaps (i.e. there are certain roles that no one will define which group bears the responsibility) and have those areas define their roles. If there are gaps after that, make sure one area must take responsibility for the gap. I have seen clients out of compliance with federal law because no group would take "ownership" of the process.

3043 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

they're cool

Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier
    Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Easy job with a helpful management group, relatively fair pay rates, good problem solving through many tiers of supervision in store and district levels.

Cons

CVS is a very difficult place to advance your career, they are hesitant to give raises or promotions, they want you to stay where you are

Give more room for growth, let me prove I can do better, and lead people and manage, dont treat me as a child

HR BU Needs to not all DM to Dismiss w/o Their Approval

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Good Pay
    Opportunity if you kissed the right persons ass

Cons

Not enough help during holidays, DM fires if you disagree, without any warrent. No documentation, HRBU, LP, Regional Mgr. do not investigate top level firings

Investigate top level firings by DM's, be DM is a uniter

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!