There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits package was pretty standard. After 4 years you get 3 weeks of vacation. Most new Store Managers start of as trainees at a manager salary. If you have good resume that demands higher salary, an HR rep will be involved in your second interview. Over tenure, I feel they do a lot of pointing out issues to fix rather than positive feedback to boost morale. I worked with 3 other major companies in my 18 years as retail management and feel this was the worst use of my skills at store level. I moved up to multi-store level position and worked hard at changing that behavior.

Cons

Must use their pharmacy. NO privacy. I feel it is a conflict of interest to promote privacy laws, but have your staff forced to use the company's services. If you have a tough store (high volume) you get minimal increase in resources. Hire a great staff or never leave your store!

Look elsewhere for your career. Micro managed from upper management at it's best!

3052 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Irving, TX

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, good senior management, benefits are good, scope to learn and grow

Cons

Pay needs to be more competitive

Good place to work

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Colonie, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Colonie, NY

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, growth and advancement opportunities available, prepare you to be able to work any station within the pharmacy, continuous training to keep you learning and up to date with company policies and procedures, can work at any CVS.

Cons

Customers can be obnoxious or irrational, but obviously not at the fault of the company. Must work every 30 days to stay on payroll (sometimes difficult if away at college)

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!