Pharmacy Operations Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Great culture and a lot of ability for growth for employees

Cons

work life balance is a challenge for employees at times

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits package was pretty standard. After 4 years you get 3 weeks of vacation. Most new Store Managers start of as trainees at a manager salary. If you have good resume that demands higher salary, an HR rep will be involved in your second interview. Over tenure, I feel they do a lot of pointing out issues to fix rather than positive feedback to boost morale. I worked with 3 other major companies in my 18 years as retail management and feel this was the worst use of my skills at store level. I moved up to multi-store level position and worked hard at changing that behavior.

Cons

Must use their pharmacy. NO privacy. I feel it is a conflict of interest to promote privacy laws, but have your staff forced to use the company's services. If you have a tough store (high volume) you get minimal increase in resources. Hire a great staff or never leave your store!

Advice to Management

Look elsewhere for your career. Micro managed from upper management at it's best!

Steadily declining work environment

Current Employee - Pharmacist In Charge
    Current Employee - Pharmacist In Charge

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Over the last 13 years I have seen such a decline in the work environment and employee treatment that at present I can think of none.

Cons

Long hours, not enough staff, no lunch breaks, phased out of raises, exception reports/monitoring for everything, low pay for pharmacy support staff, inadequate budgeting to meet stores needs, no recognition for good work and a hostile environment based on figuring out who to hold accountable for any negative result from the store

Advice to Management

Less red tape and more focus on supporting the workforce in the stores to promote a better work environment through adequate staffing and improved morale which will lead to better customer service.