There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Excellent, I absolutely love the Pharmacy Staff. It's very hands on and rewarding work.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Keansburg, NJ
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Keansburg, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, educates you for free, feels professional, actually cares about customers, and we're fast.

Cons

The anxieties that follow this field of work are tough on some people but it can be so rewarding.

Advice to Management

If I could change one thing, it'd be the radio station. Working full time hours hearing the same songs over and over again is basically torture. Probably should pay better seeing that we could potentially kill people.

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

IT Sweat Shop - contractors treated as 2nd class citizens

Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rapid moving environment with many software upgrades and features

Cons

They turn the crank very hard - difficult to keep up and demanding PMO and SEP, but inadequate support to maintain the pace of the work at the quality that they demand. Heavy use of contractors who are kept in separate stalls away from the employees. Workspaces are about 4 ft wide and like a desk in a library, No privacy, difficult to concentrate with everyone on the phone in conference calls. No where to go if you get a personal call. Living in such close proximity it is easier to get sic and demoralizing - makes you feel like you are on a slave ship or in a garment industry sweatshop.

Advice to Management

Get real - we are all human. This is discrimination and racist. BEWARE of job postings - they usually only post jobs that are already on hold for internal candidates.

Where you become everything, with little compensation

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Lake Elsinore, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A in Lake Elsinore, CA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401k matches 5%, health benefits you can choose from, Vacation depending on hours worked.

Cons

Whatever your position is at CVS, you are required to do everything, Janitorial, Straightening, Receiving... if your a manager that includes you... Also, You take care of breaks, lunches, and while your giving your only other person in the store a lunch, you have your receiving door ringing with no one to answer, because YOU are in the front being a cashier, because CVS won't provide hours to make life easier on it's team. You can get fired immediately if someone finds an outdate in dairy, Childrens remedies or baby products. ALSO- You will get as little pay as they can get away with. I've been fortunate enough to recieve great raises, which in your review consist of a 1-5 scale, and they only make it possible for you to be a 3, because a 3 is you do your job 100%, 100% of the time. Anything beyond that you have to be, what i was told "walking on water" They hire outside of the company for promotions, when there are people in line, and waiting for there time to make there ends meet. I believe with appropriate training, anyone can do any job. It just shows LACK of employee appreciation.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management would be, look at your real "blue chip" team players before you go out and hire someone that doesn't know jack about the company. It seems so backstabbing that you wouldn't consider people that have been "in line" or told that they are on there way. I also would suggest that you make your SUPERVISORS your SUPERVISORS. Instead of using your clerks as your management working on the floor, over the people you promoted to do work on the sales floor. You don't offer any growth when you do that. Be more considerate of people that want to actually move up in the company. (I understand people may not be ready, but it seems pretty rude that they wouldn't offer the chance to someone in the company for an upgraded position within the spectrum of the district) ALSO- making customer service your number one priority is obviously the right way to do things, however you need more people to get your FSI functions done correctly. Having 2 people in the morning, and 2 people at night, puts so much stress on management and employees to get all the FSI functions, outdates, WLM, Got heart, and closing procedures done when you have a person working slow as molasses at the register, and a manager who is not superman to get all the weekly things done. How about getting the quality of human life to your own employees!