There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

High stress and hard work.

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working such long hours allow you to really get to know your employees so your store becomes like a little family.

Cons

Payroll is almost nonexistent. The Store Manager is responsible for pretty much everything in the store, including Pharmacy.

Quit spending money on useless programs and give the stores more help to get the job done. Action plans are completely useless and a huge waste of time.

3056 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Even after 10 years every day is an adventure!

Current Employee - Director  in  Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Director in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I feel a part of a team that can really make a difference, and I'm surrounded by like-minded colleagues. It's been an exciting journey to see how we have transformed from a Retailer and PBM into a healthcare organization that is committed to helping people on their path to better health. As a part of the company's evolution my work has evolved with it and kept me excited about what the next day holds.

Cons

It's a large company so you have to make sure you don't get lost, but there is plenty of opportunity to make a difference.

Keep up the momentum for getting senior leadership connected througout the organizations. The town halls, pod casts and myLife updates are helping colleagues stay informed and engaged!

Like any other jobs, it had it's challenges

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at CVS Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you needed to leave the company to attend school or some other matter, they will hire you back if you left on good terms. A person is able to move to different locations as needed and if you need more hours you could pick up shifts at another location.

Cons

They really don't trust their employees. Very heavy handed with the possibility of theft by checking your purse and pockets at the front door. And there was the matter of not being forthright with pharmacy customers who would present unethical scripts. Such as telling a person that we did not have the drug in stock versus politely letting them know the issues with filling a questionable prescription. I mention this because I observed this practice at 5 different locations.

While still doing due diligence for protecting product from theft. Try not to assume that the employees are stealing on the first day of the job. Offer some respect and trust the employees to perform the job they were hired to do.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!