Love working for CVS

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lake Havasu Cty, AZ
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lake Havasu Cty, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, many benefits as an employee, 20-30% merchandise discount 24/7, great pay, vacation accumulation and rewards program, paid holidays and high chance for advancements

Cons

new policies always taking place, fluctuating hours

Advice to Management

Highly Recommend working for CVS if your into retail

Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health

CVS Pharmacy Teams - Overworked and Undervalued

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Insurance benefits are quite good. - I love the people I work with at the store level

Cons

- Archaic computer system (slow, with frequent crashes). - District/Regional managing is a joke (Phoenix area). - Maximum annual raise of 3% can't even keep up with the rate of inflation. - Prepare to be micromanaged like you've never been micromanaged before.

Advice to Management

Treat your technicians with some respect. You can say "We Care" as much as you'd like, but nothing would show us that you care like better working conditions (See: "More help" for more details) and better compensation. Certified techs are paid a wage only slightly above fast food chains like Chick-fil-A and In N Out. We have a professional work license, and many of us - myself included - have a college degree. We are accountable for looking after the healthcare of our communities. $10.50 is an unacceptable rate of pay for the stresses we (at busy stores) are under. CVS made over $20 billion in profit for 2012. Yet "raises" are maxed at 3%. Inflation is 4%. You're paying us less and less with each passing year, and we aren't too stupid to notice. Stop being stingy with your employees across the board. We make your money for you; don't forget to give some back. No more 14-hour pharmacist shifts. It's a terribly dangerous practice that increases the likelihood of potentially fatal mistakes. Your annual newsletter summarizing the growth of CVS across the board was encouraging. After the Walgreens/Express Scripts fiasco, CVS pharmacies are busier and more profitable than ever. Yet in this letter, our CEO states that the only thing that took a step back was customer service... No kidding! We're completely overworked. Grant more technician and pharmacist hours and watch customer (and employee) satisfaction soar. To reiterate, I know that you can afford me this decision. $20 billion is no small amount of annual profit. I've been employed with CVS for over 3 years as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, and will be pharmacy school in the fall of 2014. If I do not see changes, I will take my skills to a company where I know I will be better appreciated. Please throw us the lifeline we've been begging for since last year. We do need your help.

2. Too much work for Employees per shift.

Current Employee - Cashier in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Cashier in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

Nice discounts, fairly flexible work times, friendly shift supervisors.

Cons

Management is too focused on being in the top 5 stores of the district, pushing employees to do far too much work in a short period of time than is possible while maintaining high quality customer service. Only 1 or 2 people on the floor, generally one cashier and one shift supervisor who only comes to the front when called for help, though calling them up puts them behind on work as well.

Advice to Management

Hire more employees or give those you are over working full time positions rather than working a part time employee just under the full time hours to avoid giving them benefits, it ends up leaving a bad taste in an employees mouth.