CVS Health

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Love working for CVS

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lake Havasu Cty, AZ
Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lake Havasu Cty, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, many benefits as an employee, 20-30% merchandise discount 24/7, great pay, vacation accumulation and rewards program, paid holidays and high chance for advancements

Cons

new policies always taking place, fluctuating hours

Highly Recommend working for CVS if your into retail

3680 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Big Brother is Watching You

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Millbury, MA
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Millbury, MA

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Rarely any downtime, very busy, plenty of public exposure

Cons

Emphasis on profitability far outweighs patient ('customer') issues

Don't crow about how ell you did the last quarter, then give out measly 2% raises

CVS Pharmacy Teams - Overworked and Undervalued

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Insurance benefits are quite good.
    - I love the people I work with at the store level

Cons

- Archaic computer system (slow, with frequent crashes).
    - District/Regional managing is a joke (Phoenix area).
    - Maximum annual raise of 3% can't even keep up with the rate of inflation.
    - Prepare to be micromanaged like you've never been micromanaged before.

Treat your technicians with some respect. You can say "We Care" as much as you'd like, but nothing would show us that you care like better working conditions (See: "More help" for more details) and better compensation. Certified techs are paid a wage only slightly above fast food chains like Chick-fil-A and In N Out. We have a professional work license, and many of us - myself included - have a college degree. We are accountable for looking after the healthcare of our communities. $10.50 is an unacceptable rate of pay for the stresses we (at busy stores) are under.

CVS made over $20 billion in profit for 2012. Yet "raises" are maxed at 3%. Inflation is 4%. You're paying us less and less with each passing year, and we aren't too stupid to notice. Stop being stingy with your employees across the board. We make your money for you; don't forget to give some back.

No more 14-hour pharmacist shifts. It's a terribly dangerous practice that increases the likelihood of potentially fatal mistakes.

Your annual newsletter summarizing the growth of CVS across the board was encouraging. After the Walgreens/Express Scripts fiasco, CVS pharmacies are busier and more profitable than ever. Yet in this letter, our CEO states that the only thing that took a step back was customer service... No kidding! We're completely overworked. Grant more technician and pharmacist hours and watch customer (and employee) satisfaction soar. To reiterate, I know that you can afford me this decision. $20 billion is no small amount of annual profit.

I've been employed with CVS for over 3 years as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, and will be pharmacy school in the fall of 2014. If I do not see changes, I will take my skills to a company where I know I will be better appreciated. Please throw us the lifeline we've been begging for since last year. We do need your help.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health