Good Second job.

Current Employee - Sales Colleague in Janesville, WI
Current Employee - Sales Colleague in Janesville, WI

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have been very good about working around my other job and scheduling me at night since I work days mostly at the other job.

Cons

They do not pay well and don't offer alot of hours.

Advice to Management

Not alot I can think of since I have not been there that long.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great opportunity until you achieve a supervisor position

Current Employee - Supervisor in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company values, friendly co workers

Cons

For the amount of work expected, the salary needs to be quite a bit higher. No benefits to being in management, just a lot stress and competition. Required to work some holidays, and late shifts.

Advice to Management

A good manager looks out for the well being of their supervisor and is not afraid to learn from others. Managers that know it all, are difficult to work with.

CVS doesnt pay enough and doesn't appreciate the staff.Transfer employees with experience are more valued than own staff

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are the only redeeming factor. Most pharmacists are super nice, but that really has nothing to do with the company itself. Front store and technicians usually nice to work with as well. That's literally the only good thing about this company.

Cons

Upper management never gives enough staff hours. Always understaffed and overworked. We would joke as employees that CVS should make this their motto. Grossly underpaid compared to anywhere else....literally anywhere. They also pay employees that transfer from other stores more than their own staff. If you have 2 years experience with CVS, you WILL get paid less than the employee who has 2 years experience, but transferred from Walgreens. Get used to it or leave. I left. The raises are horrific. A co-worker had worked there for 7 years and was an amazing employee. Our manager had to FIGHT his butt off to get her like a 20 cent raise. This is not a career. They do not value your work or your time. She left too. They try to skip your breaks and lunch. They are so understaffed that it makes it near impossible to take your breaks. You feel like your letting your entire team down just for taking a 15 minute lunch break. They always mess up your check. Make sure they pay you for every last hour. The clock in system is not accurate and if your not scheduled in their computer....say you come in on your day off to cover for someone else, they will try to 'forget'. I think they set up the system like that in purpose. Upper management are duds... Just completely stupid. Everyone knows it. Kind of a running joke that they are complete fools who know absolutely nothing. They will lie. The will screw you. Please, please, please don't ever work for free for this company. I swear they set it up bc they know you care about your team so you will stay late and come early and do everything possible to not let your team fail. Let CVS fail. Make them provide the staff they need, they will Never do it if people are covering when they shouldn't be. I saw this happen constantly.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Pay your own what they deserve. Pay for good, solid, stable long term employees instead of giving a fast food wage and thus producing a turn over- rate worse than McDonald's. Hiring and training take so long. Once an employee becomes super efficient, CVS has put a lot of time into that employee. Why don't you treat technicians like nurses? Doctors use their nurses for everything. It's vital to have experienced, well-trained, long-term employees. You would think pharmacies would take the same approach with their technicians. Why not have the best of the best, pay a decent salary and turn this into a real living-wage career. Let these decently paid, career oriented technicians run the pharmacy and take care of the pharmacist, leaving him/ her to do the things that only a pharmacist can do. In short, although you think this would be common sense, let pharmacists be pharmacists.