There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Lasted four weeks

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Mesa, AZ
Former Employee - Cashier in Mesa, AZ

I worked at CVS Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Close to home, part time work available

Cons

The store I worked in had one manager and one cashier for each shift. The manager is in other parts of the store doing their job or outside smoking, so I was the only person in the front. Did not feel safe at night. You are expected to greet every person who walks in the door, as well as stock, clean, print photos, face shelves, answer phone. Very difficult when you are stocking a shelf at the back of the store, to run up and greet a customer coming in. Training was not good. The "onboarding" day was a woman talking about the values of CVS, but she also talked a lot about her children, and how she was the girl in high school who got into fights in the restroom. Managers at the store were very impatient and sometimes rude if I asked for help with something I didn't know.

Hire more employees for each store!

3026 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Intense learning experience

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Leesburg, VA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Leesburg, VA

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Since CVS is such a large company, the benefits are decent if you are full time; training is good and opportunities to advance are decent if you are willing to work long and hard.

Cons

In the past few years, resources at store level have been cut back so severely that it is impossible to give great customer service; a typical day has one manager and one cashier on duty at a time; how are you supposed to serve customers, perform even basic tasks and keep up with office duties in that environment? There is absolutely no work/life balance for a store manager who has to be "on" 24/7 and at the store at least 70 hours per week; even then, it is not possible to stay caught up.

If the differentiator between retail drug establishments is a higher level of customer service, cutting staff to bare bones, not offering full time to anyone and a very low pay scale are not the avenues to pursue. Perhaps higher management would be better served looking at other ways to cut expenses. I can tell you from firsthand experience that it is impossible to properly maintain a store and grow the customer base with the staff we are forced to work with.

Sales associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Union, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Union, NJ

I worked at CVS Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, fun filled place if you make it that way. Plenty of employees to get all the tasks done on time.

Cons

Management does not care for sales associates. Pay is very poor for tasks at hand. Sales associates do the same as assistant management.

Pay attention to the small employees. Small employees are the details that the costumer sees every day.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!