There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CVS Caremark is a great company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working with my team. There is a huge opportunity for exporsure to the whole company. I enjoy working with colleagues throughout the country.

Cons

The size of the company can also be a con because there is a lot to learn. You have to be willing to do seraching on your own and ask a lot of questions. However, colleagues are supporting and able to guide you in the right direction. Also due to the geography of the locations, I do not get to "meet" all of my colleages in-person.

3203 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Store Team Lead

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

great benefits as well as management style

Cons

Not enough payroll hours for front store

At ground level, it's all good, but orders from above bring the business down.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In general, at the store level, most things are good. The pharmastist and technicians, are all genrerally good people. CVS provides free CE's for pharmacy Techs, gives some "incentives" to try and motivate employees to do more than just work for their pay check. Recently implemented some new ideas to make the pharmacy more productive, some of them actually work.

Cons

What really brings the business down is the corporate Voice-From-Above. Corporate has tried to make everything their employees do into a calculable (and therefore grade-able) action. They calculate how long it takes you to fill a prescription, how long the wait time is, whether you called the patient about any problems (and it counts against you if you didn't because you told them in person) they grade customer surveys in absolutes of failing ( a 0) or passing (a 5) but if a customer gives a 4 it's the same as failing. They grade all pharmacies the same way, never taking into account demographic differences that might give one pharmacy and advantage or disadvantage over another. In my district, they've taken micromanaging to extremes, sometimes asking for so much, in confrance calls, faxing them scores, weekly game plans, and weekly observations of the technicians that it interferes with the real job of helping patients. And the individual incentives are okay, except for the fact that they're not used by a great many pharmacists to hand out to their technicians. The idea is good but in the end the incentives just get left to waste while good technicians get a pat on the back and no other recognition.

Like most large company's CVS suffers by being so big they just can't see their employees as people anymore. They're trying to beat out competitors like the grocery chains who can offer $4 dollar generics by promising a better experience, however in doing so, they've focused so much on getting results they've lost sight of the people they're relying on to get them those results. CVS wants their patients to be "part of the family" but for employees that can't perform to their standards they're told to "do it or we'll find someone who will" which, is easy enough with pharmacy technicians pouring in but it certainly doesn't do much to make current employees feel like "part of the family."

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health