It was an OK summer job

Former Employee - Cashier in San Leandro, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in San Leandro, CA

I worked at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work was easy, albeit quite tedious. The seasoned employees were all quite nice and willing to help you figure things out. You don't have to pay for your employee uniform (cvs shirt). Or at least I didn't.

Cons

The newest person gets the worst/fewest hours. No one liked to stick to the work schedule and you would be randomly called to come in for some reason or other. But from what I hear that is all common in retail jobs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. CSR and nothing more

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caremark cares about giving back and I had many opportunities to volunteer for charity events which made me feel amazing. The Training received for the actual job was extensive. The benefits were excellent and the schedules were consistent and in your control if your attendance was good. There was definitely a team atmosphere which seemed necessary since there were SO MANY employees!

Cons

You were a number outside of your team. Too many employees with a high turnover meant that the hiring spree was large to compensate for the ones who will quit or get fired. Numbers were expected out of you GREAT customer service. As with every call center, you'r calls were timed, and measures were put into place to ensure you covered every aspect of your job on every call. You're raises were dependent on meeting these marks as well as promotions. With a couple hundred employees and only 20 - 30 supervisors, your chances of promoting were slim since almost EVERYONE wanted to promote. In addition, the job was Very MUNDANE! Day in, day out, the same thing. Lunch at a specific time, limited bathroom breaks due to high phone demands. While some employees absolutely loved their job, I found myself crying in the parking lot before work. I couldn't wait to leave.

Advice to Management

Allow some cross training to keep the employees engaged in the business and to spare them the boredom that will likely increase the chances of more turnover. I liked the presence of upper management walking the floor, it shows that they do care. In addition, the random walk through by executives with fresh fruit snacks was nice as well.

2. I've been at CVS 2 years now

Current Employee - Head Cashier
    Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great customer base and great employees to hang around with after work

Cons

One can be the hardest worker yet is treated like nothing. Everything extra that you do... a supervisor or manager takes the credit and you get nothing.

Advice to Management

Promote hard workers from within so they have an incentive to work hard. Reward hard workers and punish the slackers.