CVS Health

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

It was an OK summer job

Former Employee - Cashier in San Leandro, CA
Former Employee - Cashier in San Leandro, CA

I worked at CVS Health part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The work was easy, albeit quite tedious. The seasoned employees were all quite nice and willing to help you figure things out. You don't have to pay for your employee uniform (cvs shirt). Or at least I didn't.

Cons

The newest person gets the worst/fewest hours. No one liked to stick to the work schedule and you would be randomly called to come in for some reason or other. But from what I hear that is all common in retail jobs.

3818 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

CSR and nothing more

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at CVS Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Caremark cares about giving back and I had many opportunities to volunteer for charity events which made me feel amazing. The Training received for the actual job was extensive. The benefits were excellent and the schedules were consistent and in your control if your attendance was good. There was definitely a team atmosphere which seemed necessary since there were SO MANY employees!

Cons

You were a number outside of your team. Too many employees with a high turnover meant that the hiring spree was large to compensate for the ones who will quit or get fired. Numbers were expected out of you GREAT customer service. As with every call center, you'r calls were timed, and measures were put into place to ensure you covered every aspect of your job on every call. You're raises were dependent on meeting these marks as well as promotions. With a couple hundred employees and only 20 - 30 supervisors, your chances of promoting were slim since almost EVERYONE wanted to promote. In addition, the job was Very MUNDANE! Day in, day out, the same thing. Lunch at a specific time, limited bathroom breaks due to high phone demands. While some employees absolutely loved their job, I found myself crying in the parking lot before work. I couldn't wait to leave.

Allow some cross training to keep the employees engaged in the business and to spare them the boredom that will likely increase the chances of more turnover. I liked the presence of upper management walking the floor, it shows that they do care. In addition, the random walk through by executives with fresh fruit snacks was nice as well.

Pays enough, but not enough to compensate for the stress and physical abuse

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent wage, you will learn to deal with horrible customers

Cons

Horrible management, poor scheduling, excessive electronic supervision that slows down work tasks, horrific training methods

Learn that you get what you put into the stores and employees, if all your stores are excellent they will all get business, you can't throw some stores to the wayside because you think investing in them won't bring a profit, that just makes your customers remember that store as the defining experience of why they'd hate to do business with any CVS

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health