CSR and nothing more

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Caremark cares about giving back and I had many opportunities to volunteer for charity events which made me feel amazing. The Training received for the actual job was extensive. The benefits were excellent and the schedules were consistent and in your control if your attendance was good. There was definitely a team atmosphere which seemed necessary since there were SO MANY employees!

Cons

You were a number outside of your team. Too many employees with a high turnover meant that the hiring spree was large to compensate for the ones who will quit or get fired. Numbers were expected out of you GREAT customer service. As with every call center, you'r calls were timed, and measures were put into place to ensure you covered every aspect of your job on every call. You're raises were dependent on meeting these marks as well as promotions. With a couple hundred employees and only 20 - 30 supervisors, your chances of promoting were slim since almost EVERYONE wanted to promote. In addition, the job was Very MUNDANE! Day in, day out, the same thing. Lunch at a specific time, limited bathroom breaks due to high phone demands. While some employees absolutely loved their job, I found myself crying in the parking lot before work. I couldn't wait to leave.

Advice to Management

Allow some cross training to keep the employees engaged in the business and to spare them the boredom that will likely increase the chances of more turnover. I liked the presence of upper management walking the floor, it shows that they do care. In addition, the random walk through by executives with fresh fruit snacks was nice as well.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Worked with some people

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Mobile, AL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had good insurance at low cost

Cons

To much time spent on phone trying to get customers to refill meds not needed

Advice to Management

Concentrate on customers who are calling you or in the store let good customer service be your best advertisement

2. You will learn to work smart, not hard

Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If everything is caught up, running a store can be pleasant. Sometimes it's hard to anticipate unexpected events that can throw things off during the week.

Cons

Sometimes the tasks the company expects you to complete can be hard to do with the payroll each store has, especially with the low volume stores.

Advice to Management

Think about investing a little more into payroll to help aid in out efforts to drive customer service while keeping up with company initiatives.