There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

CSR and nothing more

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Lees Summit, MO
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lees Summit, MO

I worked at CVS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Caremark cares about giving back and I had many opportunities to volunteer for charity events which made me feel amazing. The Training received for the actual job was extensive. The benefits were excellent and the schedules were consistent and in your control if your attendance was good. There was definitely a team atmosphere which seemed necessary since there were SO MANY employees!

Cons

You were a number outside of your team. Too many employees with a high turnover meant that the hiring spree was large to compensate for the ones who will quit or get fired. Numbers were expected out of you GREAT customer service. As with every call center, you'r calls were timed, and measures were put into place to ensure you covered every aspect of your job on every call. You're raises were dependent on meeting these marks as well as promotions. With a couple hundred employees and only 20 - 30 supervisors, your chances of promoting were slim since almost EVERYONE wanted to promote. In addition, the job was Very MUNDANE! Day in, day out, the same thing. Lunch at a specific time, limited bathroom breaks due to high phone demands. While some employees absolutely loved their job, I found myself crying in the parking lot before work. I couldn't wait to leave.

Allow some cross training to keep the employees engaged in the business and to spare them the boredom that will likely increase the chances of more turnover. I liked the presence of upper management walking the floor, it shows that they do care. In addition, the random walk through by executives with fresh fruit snacks was nice as well.

3094 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Hellish for former Osco employees

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexable schedule and fun crew

Cons

DM's who have no clue how a real store works and make up stupid customer service rules

Get out of the office and see what the real world is like

Very enjoyable

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Odenton, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Odenton, MD

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Structure, busy, room for advancement. There is a CVS everywhere

Cons

Too much focus on one area, lack of hours.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!