There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I don't have any to give

Cons

They totally over work there managers expecting to much and making it impossible to get a bonus

Treat your employees better

3233 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Worst Place To Be!!! Do NOT Join CVS Garbage! Unless you've been out work for over a year!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are NO Pros in CVS Caremark.

Cons

Worst Management Group I have ever dealt with like Kids in Elementary and they do Micro Manage! Favoritism All the way! Most STRESSFULL job ever! Current looking for another Job!!! And 10+ other employees in this department are too.

Turn Over is so HIGH that management put a Freeze on transfers out the department!!!

You cannot give advice for something they knowingly do!!!

Assembly line pharmacy at it's worst!

Current Employee - Pic
    Current Employee - Pic

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is nothing at all that I can say is a positive about my position as Pharmacist in Charge with CVS Pharmacy. I've never been more miserable and desperately trying to figure out how I can change professions.

Cons

Complete micro-management, no concern for customer care other than selling them something else, conveyor belt pharmacy just like Lucy and Ethel on the "I Love Lucy" episode! Everything you do is timed and monthly "scores" are based on those times. Pharmacists expected to work 14 hour days with a very small budget for staff hours. Ratio between pharmacist/technicians is against state pharmacy board regulations. No access to upper management without being punished by your direct supervisor. District Managers (who have no pharmacy experience/degree) that can't speak proper English dictating how the pharmacy will be run. Did I mention the 14 hour days for Pharmacists with no overlap or help from another Pharmacist no matter how heavy the workload is? And only 1 technician hour for every 11 scripts filled. Throw in 25-30 flu shots a day and even though you've busted it all day, your "scores" are below target bc you couldn't finish everything within 15 minutes.

More staff hours to allow for better customer service. Turn off the clock that measures everyting that happens including how many seconds it takes to answer the drive-thru window or the phone? Offer surveys that allow customers to offer positive opinions about service instead of focusing on any aspect that might have gone wrong. Stop micro-managing. Hire Pharmacy supervisors that are encouraging instead of threatening. Allow staff to work varied schedules/split shifts so that they have the opportunity to be involved in community/church/family activities. MOST IMPORTANTLY - make the focus of the pharmacy on patient care and patient satisfaction. Without an invisible timer ticking away that determines scores and bonus levels, the pharmacist is able to give better more focused customer care - the kind of care that insures the customer will return.

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health