There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Not a good place to work

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I don't have any to give

Cons

They totally over work there managers expecting to much and making it impossible to get a bonus

Treat your employees better

3013 Other Employee Reviews for CVS Health (View Most Recent)

Wow, what a terrible place to work

Current Employee - Pharmacist In Charge  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist In Charge in San Jose, CA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There is job security and a pay check. There is a 20 word minimum so I have to write more, but there really isn't much else positive to say about this company. I suppose it would be a pro if you were a share holder, since the stock is doing well, but don't expect that as an employee you will benefit from this.

Cons

The working conditions are dismal…. The expectations are extremely high as far as customer service and work load. If you do well and perform, then you will have your hours cut or they will increase expectations. There is no time to take breaks even though labor law in California states that the employer has to give breaks. If an employee goes over on hours due to customer demands then the employee is disciplined even though it is for better customer service.

Take a step back and look at the bigger picture…. Happy employees= better customer service, and increased productivity. Once the economy turns around there will be NO reason for anyone to settle for working for this company.

A very neurotic environment full of tension!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CVS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

It did have a nice café.

Cons

Complete control over your every move! You cannot go to the bathroom unless it's your break. During training, we had to ask for permission.

The trainer, who kept track and submitted our hours - failed to report our last week on time! Consequently, we received a our first paycheck that shorted us forty hours! And I was told that I had to wait until the next paycheck to recover it! It was only after several emails and calls to complain did I receive the balance - one week later!!!

During training, there was a young lady that sat next to me that was extremely ill! I mentioned to our trainer that since there were plenty of open terminals at the back of the class - could we move if we were afraid of catching someone else's sickness! My trainer replied that since you would be unable to move to a different location on the floor (once you left training) - there's no reason for someone to move now. When I brought it to her attention that if we got too sick to come to work during training - we would lose our job!!! She had no response to that.

Additionally, the detailed scripting that you're required to recite to the customer before and after the calls (it's a call center environment) is extremely 'wordy' and awkward to have to fit it in with customers who can easily discern it's superficial value!!! It's just a vain attempt at trying to smooth over the frustration of what customers are already feeling!!!

I've worked in other call centers before, but I've never worked in an environment that is so controlling!!! Please pass on this one if you're looking for a decent job!!!

Lighten up!

There are newer employer reviews for CVS Health

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!